Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Headlight gaskets
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
itjustbugsme2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Headlight gaskets Reply with quote

It was C21 - his Ghia pics (great pics) - Where did, what type of fuse box is that?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rbsurfguy
Samba Member

Location: Fairfax, Northern Virginia Formerly Huntington Beach, SoCal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Headlight gaskets Reply with quote

That's great news on the wiring harness. C21Darrel's ride has it. I think he may have got it from the same manufacturer where he got the harness. I was looking at that same harness at one point and saw that option for the fuse panel.

I can't remember the other companies that sell that system, but Darrel may chime in.
Jeff

See my build on The Samba at:
Jeff's 71 Vert Restoration/Reassembly http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...highlight=
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LVGhia72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Headlight gaskets Reply with quote

itjustbugsme2 wrote:
It was C21 - his Ghia pics (great pics) - Where did, what type of fuse box is that?
I think it was Watson Streetworks.
rbsurfguy
Samba Member

Location: Fairfax, Northern Virginia Formerly Huntington Beach, SoCal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: Headlight gaskets Reply with quote

Yes, that is the one I was thinking about, Watson's.
Jeff

See my build on The Samba at:
Jeff's 71 Vert Restoration/Reassembly http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...highlight=
itjustbugsme2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Ghia Garage Set Up Ideas Reply with quote

Here's a subject a little off course, but I always enjoy ideas and pics from other Ghia owners. OK, the Ghia is down at the Techs Shop (RS Performance & Machine) getting her "New Wiring Harness" installed; so while she is away I figured I would get the "Back Shop" ready for her "Winter Interior Project". Now I have to inform the readers that my shop is a "Combo" - "Work Shop/Man Cave". The shop area is only 15' X 30' separated by a door (hinge). After years of being at this location the shop has become quite cluttered; you know you add a shelf here, than another; stuff you accumulate and just can't throw away; anyway I decided to start "Re-Organizing", make some room for the Ghia (I've done a number of other cars in this small space). Went out and bought (shocked on price) more "Peg Board", started to hang; but I'm just stopped in my thinking - where to put stuff, where do I need a work table...overwhelmed. So: to the group: "Any good pics, ideas, tricks in make a good work shop for a Ghia or Bug"? Again, small space, pics ideas would be great.

Pics show the shop in "re-organization" mode, everything just moved around, attempt to figure where to put, what to get rid of; you'll probably notice I'm somewhat of a "Picker" just love the odd, strange items...oh well any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Trylon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: Headlight gaskets Reply with quote

Link

1973 Volkswagen Bus
1970 MGB-GT
1962 Oldsmobile Jetfire

More tomfoolery on
The Karmann Ghia Fever YouTube Channel!
itjustbugsme2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Headlight gaskets Reply with quote

Watched the entire video, some great tips; some I can apply, others simply due to the size, ceiling height of my small shop I can't, but truly appreciated the video, thank you.
HBGhia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Headlight gaskets Reply with quote

I too, like most, have space issues. Hence, my signature. It's hard for me to decide what to keep and not be a borderline hoarder. I totally appreciate the man cave thing. I managed to get it down to just my neon beer signs and the old traffic signal. The only things I regret tossing are ghia parts! Shocked So, as a general rule of thumb for me, if I haven't touched it in a year, it can probably go. If I haven't touched it in 5 years, it can definitely go. 10 to 20 years, I shouldn't have it at all. Have fun with your winter clean up and remember, there's always spring cleaning too!
itjustbugsme2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Headlight gaskets Reply with quote

WOW! If I subscribe to your "Haven't touch in years" theory; looks like the wife is on her way out!

Oh, well; I'm still working on the back garage and here's the problem; younger brother calls me, asked for some assistance in getting his Mustang in his garage to put away for the winter. So I head down there move some stuff around, clean out the garage and we pull in the Mustang.....problem, I came home with a bunch of "Hey, do you want this" stuff he wasn't using.......it never ends. Take care.
overboost
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: Headlight gaskets Reply with quote

itjustbugsme2 wrote:
WOW! If I subscribe to your "Haven't touch in years" theory; looks like the wife is on her way out!

Applause Applause Applause
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: