Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Suboval - [email protected] - Kurt
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Suboval
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 01, 2024
Kalapaki Papa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Suboval - [email protected] - Kurt Reply with quote

Kurt sent me an email asking to purchase one of my pieces of VW treasure. Nice guy! Kurt's paypal payment arrived quickly and he was even kind enough to post a feedback comment for me. Very Happy Class act! Thank you Kurt!
Aloha, Jeff Kritz
61 L380 sedan
62 SO33 L380
63 standard micro
63 cabrio
64 KG coupe
64 sedan
66 sedan
67 beetle
70 empi GTV
70 VWOA Formula Vee
73 Economotors super beetle
74 GSR / German look rally tribute super beetle
76 cabrio
& a bunch of non-vw rolling stock parked in and around the barn. Just can’t help myself!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
T-Bar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: 1958 bug turn signal relay converted to 12v Reply with quote

I stumbled across Kurt's ad while looking for stock 58' relays. His 55'-57' turn signal relay conversion to 12v is amazing. I was blown away by his idea, simple but genius Idea .
I contacted Kurt for the possibility of him converting a 58' relay. I believe these relays are for 58'-59' bugs only, maybe also 60'.
He said he has never done one before, but he just happened to have some 58' relays laying around. The real challenge he said was how to open the can up and then reattach the can to the base after the conversion Question
Kurt told me after a couple of tries he came up with a way that will work and still look likes it's never been tampered with, that and him media blasting the can & bracket, cleaning the brass terminals, cleaning the bake-o-lite base, and then reattaching the ground strap with a factory looking rivet.
I could not wait to see this relay! The day I received it, I bench tested it and then installed it in my 58' looker. It's the final touch to a clean stock wiring job that I was looking for, compared to my Kragens wagner relay.
Keeping with the show car look, I discussed with Kurt about possibly chroming the relay since the bracket is steel.
Plating was out of the question because it would have to be done after final assembly. Now there is this chrome painting technology (found it on you-tube).
Long story short (too late) Kurt's work is amazing, it's people like him that make this addicting hobby moving forward with forward thinking Very Happy
Lee "T-Bar" Bushaw
2006 Top Eliminator
2009 ran 10.90 @ 123.mph See it on youtube (T-Bar goes 10's)!
JeffL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up Kurts 12 volt converted flaher for my 50s project. It is highly detailed and will look perfect. Nice job Kurt. Thanks
jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a date coded flasher for my 57. Looks perfect down to the writing on the back. He even converted it to 12v. Bakelite looks better than new. Fast shipping and packed like it was priceless.
Frederik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Suboval - [email protected] - Kurt Reply with quote

Easy great guy to do business with, fast payment and good contact through email.

Thanks and let me know if you need anything else I have.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
70bus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Suboval - [email protected] - Kurt Reply with quote

Swift payment, no issues, nice guy. Glad part was what you needed!
"If Von Dutch was alive, he'd walk in there with a pistol and shoot these people."
-Robert Williams
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: