Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wide 5 Drawing
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoBudgetVWGarage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:59 am    Post subject: Wide 5 Drawing Reply with quote

Does anyone happen to have a drawing (DWG or PDF) of the wide 5 stud pattern? Been searching for a few weeks now and cant seem to find one. Appreciate any help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BYeaton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Wide 5 Drawing Reply with quote

I assume you mean a technical drawing? I don't think that would be too difficult to create. What are you needing it for?
jimmyhoffa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Wide 5 Drawing Reply with quote

like this? I just did this in 2 minutes in SolidWorks. 5 on 205mm right? The holes can be whatever they need to be: 14mm thread, press in stud reamed hole, etc. I just threw 14mm in there referencing the common thread diameter.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1974 Chenowth 2RL #1244 Street Legal
My other car isn't ridiculous.

Last edited by jimmyhoffa on Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
NoBudgetVWGarage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Wide 5 Drawing Reply with quote

I want to build a few adapters for wheel balancing purposes. Mainly for my Bus buddies. I want to bolt one to my spare just to keep it handy on the road.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bulli Klinik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Wide 5 Drawing Reply with quote

That’s a GREAT idea to have an onboard adapter for road trips. I think we only have one tire shop left in town that can balance a wide 5 wheel. And I’m in the second biggest city in CO. The tire shop owner is a VW fan. Rex Tire.
Colorado Springs
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RWK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Wide 5 Drawing Reply with quote

I have made some adapters and have some for sale.
PM me. The one with large center hole is the one I rent/loan out, both ave 14mm lug bolt holes.
Otherwise here is the coordinate multiplier from center, all you need, best way to do it.
Obviously use the "5 hole"

62 Type 241-378 025 178 530
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NoBudgetVWGarage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Wide 5 Drawing Reply with quote

@jimmyhoffa - Thank You. I was able to draw it up on AutoCad with the information provided. Thanks!

The common 4 to 5 lug adapter is drilled for 12mm. I tried using it to balance a tire but the center is not uniform causing the tire to not be center on the balancer.

This one will accommodate the 14mm Bus lug nut.
RWK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Wide 5 Drawing Reply with quote

Also most modern D.R.Os and all CNC have bolt circle patterns built into the control.
62 Type 241-378 025 178 530
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BFB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Wide 5 Drawing Reply with quote

I use an old tire shop that still bubble balances tires. wide 5's fit just fine on those and I'm also convinced the bubble balancer does a better job than modern spin balancers. at the very least the bubble doesn't need calibrated, get neglected, and then becomes inaccurate but the tire guy keeps using it regardless
An interesting thing happens in forums where everyone starts parroting the same thing and "common knowledge" takes over.
“ The monkey see monkey do mentality seems to run deep in VW people. "Gene Berg said it was so 30 years ago so thats the way it is" “ - bdkw1
earthquake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Wide 5 Drawing Reply with quote

When I was running the Waterjet machine at my last job I made up 4 adapters and one with just a hole in the middle, I made them out of 1/2" aluminum...

eQ
05 SCION XB SERIES RELEASE 2[#437]
95 Chevy C3500 dually
98 Ford E150
Link to Kelly J. Nolte 3/20/53 - 11/6/08
https://time-zonelabs.blogspot.com/p/about-kelly.html
DEATH TO CHINGERS!
[From a military recruitment poster in the novel "The Stainless Steel Rat" By Harry Harrison]
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: