Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

J.Fredrick Spencer - [email protected] - Fred Spencer
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: J.Fredrick Spencer
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: August 28, 2023
VW Addict Premium Member
Samba Salesman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject: J.Fredrick Spencer - [email protected] - Fred Spencer Reply with quote

Fred recently emailed me on an item I had listed (A Ghia air breather assembly) and told me he was interested in buying it. He gave me his cell and told me to call. I did. We talked on the phone for a few minutes and he told me he wanted to buy it and would pay for it shortly. He sent me his mailing address and I told him I would get to packaging it up and ship the next day.
20 minutes later, he three ways a phone call with me, to my surprise with his "business partner" which was oddly strange...while I am on speaker phone and again, says he is going to pay me, as soon as he gets off the phone. I tell him I am boxing it up for him as we talk. While on the phone, his "business partner" also says that he wants to buy it and that Frank will pay for it. All is fine, very strange... but whatever. So I get off the phone with him and get it all wrapped up in bubble wrap and packaged, waiting for the payment he twice said he would pay.

An hour goes by and he sends me a text saying he is going to wait until morning to pay. Then he never responds until the next day and says, I think we are going to pass. This guy wasted my time giving me the ring around telling me to package it up for him, and tell me over and over he was going to buy it and then backed out. Just posting this on here so another seller can be aware if he tries to pull the same!!
latinporsche911
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: J.Fredrick Spencer - [email protected] - Fred Spencer Reply with quote

I was recently contacted by this individual, stating he was interested in a part I had.
The only reason why I'm posting this is because it seemed odd to me that he would ask 3 questions that can be easily found in the ad. Price and location. It's my understanding that he has done this to others, so just be cautious
Best of luck
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: