Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Looking for some wheel options on my 65 Beetle.
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:44 am    Post subject: Looking for some wheel options on my 65 Beetle. Reply with quote

Im not really good with this stuff. Im hoping you guys can point me in the correct direction. Im hoping that someone would have an idea of roughly what model/size wheels these guys are running?(I know the two cars are running different wheels). What size "white wall" I notice some look huge, others look too tiny, but I like the size on the grey car. Lastly a reputable site to purchase wheels.

Thanks all!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
carlos_magnum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for some wheel options on my 65 Beetle. Reply with quote

Bump. I'm curious also. I like the rims on the second pic.
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for some wheel options on my 65 Beetle. Reply with quote

Silver65 wrote:
What size "white wall" I notice some look huge, others look too tiny, but I like the size on the grey car. Lastly a reputable site to purchase wheels.

You mention the "white wall" size, but then reference "wheels". Do you mean to ask what size "tire" is used??

If interested in the tires, here's a good place I've purchased Firestone wide whitewalls from. Good info on their website.

https://www.lucasclassictires.com/main.sc

I believe the size in the top pic look like 560-15 size.

https://www.lucasclassictires.com/560-15-Firestone-2-3-4-Whitewall-556660L.htm
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for some wheel options on my 65 Beetle. Reply with quote

sportin-wood wrote:
You mention the "white wall" size, but then reference "wheels". Do you mean to ask what size "tire" is used??

Agreed. Sometimes the terms are thrown around a bit loosely, but please clarify which you're asking about.
To my untrained eye, it looks like the blue car is slightly lowered, with lower profile tires. The Oval looks to have stock (or close to stock) sized tires on it. So I'd say they are not the same tire, if that's what you were thinking?

I'm not sure what year your car is, but here's the wheel, tire, and suspension FAQ from the Beetle '58-67 forum:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=247735

Grab a coffee and settle in. It's a long read, but with 112 pages, I'm sure the info you're looking for is in there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: