Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

STOLEN: 1985 Vanagon Westfalia in San Francisco, CA **FOUND**
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
HoustonPhotog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:32 am    Post subject: STOLEN: 1985 Vanagon Westfalia in San Francisco, CA **FOUND** Reply with quote

-------------------------------------------
Posted on the VanAlert App
Download Here: http://vanalert.com/
-------------------------------------------

CA - San Francisco: 1985 Vanagon Westfalia Camper

Stolen On: October 25, 2021
Stolen In: San Francisco, CA (Franklin Cow Hollow)

Vehicle Details:
1985 Vanagon Westfalia Camper (Custom Wrap)
California License Plate: 8WBU942

Added Details:
This Van was fully wrapped for branding purposes. One side reads “BOMANI Cold Buzz” the other “Cold Brew With A Sting”… impossible to miss if they didn’t manage to remove the wrap. Otherwise the original paint is white (see both photos). Aftermarket lift and black rim tires, truck mirrors, Yakima racks and solar panel.

If spotted, please contact your local Police Department immediately.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by HoustonPhotog on Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: STOLEN: 1985 Vanagon Westfalia in San Francisco, CA Reply with quote

Well that will blend in wherever they try to hide it.
Hopefully back by tomorrow.

There are seven days in a week. Someday is not one of them.
cmayna
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: STOLEN: 1985 Vanagon Westfalia in San Francisco, CA Reply with quote

Only 45 minutes from me. Hopefully I'll see it and help bring it back.

Craig
HoustonPhotog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: STOLEN: 1985 Vanagon Westfalia in San Francisco, CA **FOUND** Reply with quote

Status Date: October 28, 2021

Van was recovered by police in the Hunter's Point area. Aux batteries and solar items were stolen. Rest of the van is in good shape, no broken windows etc.
leecat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: STOLEN: 1985 Vanagon Westfalia in San Francisco, CA **FOUND** Reply with quote

Relatively small price to pay for getting the van back intact. We've had a string of thefts here where they steal the car, remove what they want and THEN burn the vehicle so that police have nothing to work with. You know, in case the police were sending out the Major Crimes Squad and Sherlock Holmes to catch the person who took your car and stole a $60 used battery.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
csebern
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: STOLEN: 1985 Vanagon Westfalia in San Francisco, CA **FOUND** Reply with quote

HoustonPhotog wrote:

Van was recovered by police in the Hunter's Point area. Aux batteries and solar items were stolen. Rest of the van is in good shape, no broken windows etc.

I need to listen to my intuition more often. The second I read the original post I said out loud to myself, "Has anyone driven over to Hunter's Point?"

I lived in SF for 13 years. Fuck that place.

Really glad you got it back. Just FYI, my main business is vehicle/asset tracking devices. I can help you make sure you get it back sooner next time.
11BC2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: STOLEN: 1985 Vanagon Westfalia in San Francisco, CA **FOUND** Reply with quote

csebern wrote:

I need to listen to my intuition more often. The second I read the original post I said out loud to myself, "Has anyone driven over to Hunter's Point?"

I lived in SF for 13 years. Fuck that place.

Really glad you got it back. Just FYI, my main business is vehicle/asset tracking devices. I can help you make sure you get it back sooner next time.

Back in the 80s, we'd go skateboarding at Hunter's Point.
First time I had a gun pulled on me and 'suggested' that I buy drugs...all in the same encounter.
csebern
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: STOLEN: 1985 Vanagon Westfalia in San Francisco, CA **FOUND** Reply with quote

11BC2 wrote:

Back in the 80s, we'd go skateboarding at Hunter's Point.
First time I had a gun pulled on me and 'suggested' that I buy drugs...all in the same encounter.

Ah yes, life in the city.

For those of you that don't know, Hunter's Point was a U.S. Naval Shipyard that became famous after it was discovered that all of the vessels that went through nuclear weapons testing in the South Pacific in the 1940-1960s, were brought back to Hunter's Point for decontamination and decommission. And of course it all just ran into the surrounding water/soil. It became one of the most radioactive sites in the country. There has been a lot of cleanup but there is still a large portion of land that is fenced off/guarded to keep people away. There's a lot of low income families/housing in the immediate area. It's considered the most dangerous part of San Francisco.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunters_Point_Naval_Shipyard
charleslabri
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: STOLEN: 1985 Vanagon Westfalia in San Francisco, CA **FOUND** Reply with quote

i lived in potrero hill for a long time. The amount of times i had motorcycles stolen from my place, and all i had to do is walk down the street to bayview/hunters point///

My Build Thread:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=730525&highlight=
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject: Re: STOLEN: 1985 Vanagon Westfalia in San Francisco, CA **FOUND** Reply with quote

HoustonPhotog wrote:

Solar panels stolen??? Not a regular thief. Had to be one of then eco-thieves. I mean it is California after all. Laughing

Glad it has been found intact.

There are seven days in a week. Someday is not one of them.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: