Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Captain Kirk
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evil Clown
Live

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Captain Kirk Reply with quote

What do Star Trek and toilet paper have in common Question

Okay, you give Question -

They both battle Klingons Laughing

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Quote:
I'll take a Happy Meal with Prozac please

Quote:
kiss my airy VW ass

Quote:
German word for constapation:
Farfrompoopin

Quote:
Chinese word for constipation:
Hung Chow Chow.. & it was GR8!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: Captain Kirk Reply with quote

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Captain Kirk Reply with quote

Evil Clown wrote:
What do Star Trek and toilet paper have in common Question

Okay, you give Question -

They both battle Klingons Laughing

They both circle your Uranus and look for Klingons.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Captain Kirk Reply with quote

I have seen Bill Shatner at local restaurants with some of his relatives. Low key, no one bothered him, he never made any big deal. I think he left his ego back many years ago and is just living (the high) life in peace.
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Captain Kirk Reply with quote

Don’t forget about the two episodes of “American Iron Chef” .
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Captain Kirk Reply with quote

Mrs. Fish and I saw Bill in 2016 when was doing his one man stage show. Basically he stood on stage for an hour and a half telling his life story with photos in the back ground. It was then I realized he just an ordinary guy trying to make a living. The show was enjoyable. Meet and greet with photos was extra.

# 303 and #156

Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Captain Kirk Reply with quote

I was listening to an interview with Prof. Brian Cox* on BBC Radio 6 Music this morning. The DJ asked him what he thought about these flights.

He made a comment that resonated with me.

Apparently a while back he was criticised for making a comment about wanting to send politicans in to space. The press twisted that to mean a one-way trip. He explained that what he meant was he'd like to see all world leaders sent on a flight like Shatner's so they could actually "see the planet they're responsible for" (his words). He expanded that many of the pioneers of space exploration returned from their flights with profoundly different ideas about how we should treat our planet after seeing it in context from the enormity of space.

We rely for our survival on a thin smear of gas surrounding an insignificant rock. It's all we have and yet we continue to shit on it (literally and metaphorically) and pretend that we think it'll just fix itself.

I agree with Prof. Cox. The people 'in charge' should be made to go on one of those flights to see Earth for what it really is.

*in case you don't recognise his name https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Cox_(physicist)

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Captain Kirk Reply with quote

That's typical now days how people twisted his words. When I heard him saying that just after landing, about sending politicians up in space, I took it just as he later explained. What a profound experience it would be and I can see why it might change someone's views (no pun intended) on how Earth is treated. Maybe I was just raised differently.

# 303 and #156

KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Captain Kirk Reply with quote

Viewing the world differently?

Ever since a certain first lady was excoriated for her "it takes a village" concept, which despite being a message from the classical Christian teachings, was twisted into an alleged communist plot, the very idea of caring for others and the planet has fallen out of fashion, especially in certain circles. We see it now among the mask/vacc-refusers, whose "I'm ok, screw you" stance shows not the slightest empathy for fellow humans.

I don't see us turning back from this "every man for himself" attitude now. The Golden Rule is long forgotten in our society. Okay, this thread will be locked or my post deleted for being political (no knock intended for the board operators, it's 100% their call), but it seems relevant to the discussion...

"...thin smear of gas surrounding an insignificant rock" indeed.

Brings this George Carlin rant to mind:

Link

Last edited by KTPhil on Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Q-Dog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Captain Kirk Reply with quote

I worked on some TV show promos with Shatner back in his TJ Hooker and Rescue 911 days. I had pre-lit all the setups and the scripts were approved in advance so all he had to do is walk in, deliver the lines and walk out. He was totally cool with us making a couple of lighting adjustments, hit the marks every time and gave us a couple of different takes that we hadn't thought of. He spent maybe a couple of hours in the building, but his on-camera work didn't take more than about 15 minutes.

He took the time to chat with the crew for a few minutes after we were done, and that's when it really hit me I was talking to Captain Kirk.

He was totally professional and I can't say anything bad about my very short experience working with him. Back then he was just a working actor trying to make a living.

'69 Dune Buggy
'69 Beetle Convertible
'70 Beetle
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: Captain Kirk Reply with quote

Link

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: