Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

mil-spec wiring harness
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
low-viz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject: mil-spec wiring harness Reply with quote

Haven't seen it (doesn't mean it isn't there, I just haven't found it yet) but does anybody have a recommendation on obtaining a NOS or replica wiring harness for a mil-spec '72 with the dual fuse boxes? Looking for both sides, the "normal" side and the "super-secret military" side. I've heard elusive & mysterious tales about Bob Nodvik @ Wiring Works, but it doesn't look like he takes requests.
ente_kaefer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: mil-spec wiring harness Reply with quote

Take a look at this item from The Samba Thing technical section, note the wiring for black out lights, headlight switch, and other Typ 181 military related items.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/wiring/thing_8_71.jpg
low-viz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: mil-spec wiring harness Reply with quote

ente_kaefer wrote:
Take a look at this item from The Samba Thing technical section, note the wiring for black out lights, headlight switch, and other Typ 181 military related items.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/wiring/thing_8_71.jpg

Yup, I've seen that wiring diagram. The insulation on the harness in my Kubel is getting brittle and stiff, I'd like to rewire it according to the diagram, but don't know where to start in obtaining a NOS or replica harness since the military 181s are kind of a different animal than the civilian versions.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: