Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

cfri2899 - [email protected] - Lewis
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: cfri2899
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 22, 2023
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Lewis Reply with quote

eddiesheila wrote:
Hi Louis, my name is Eddie Schlenger,
I need an NOS drivers side outside mirror. The nicest condition you have. If you have one with a black gasket around that would be great. E-mail or call me when you can. Thank you.

They may not see your post above, I would email them through one of their ads instead.

Make sure you say for what year/model too
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sbtcabman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Lewis Reply with quote

I have now had two experiences with these characters. Neither of which causes me to exude confidence.

The first was sending an email about buying a part and getting a response about 7 months later. That was sorta weird. But hey, sometimes things get delayed. Laughing

I just called to inquire about an ad on the samba. I say hello and get a "ya". I pause and say "how you doing today?" I hear nothing. I say "I'm calling about an ad on the samba". I get "hurry up". I said "I'm just trying to be friendly."

I get "why are you so slow talking?" I ask "is there a problem?"

The response "I'm eating my lunch." I ask kindly "what's for lunch?"

I get "dude, what's your fucking problem! I'm eating a burrito and I don't fucking want it to get ice cold!" And the bad attitude in the tone of voice was as big as a house. I said nothing and simply hung up.

You can't make this stuff up!

I called to make sure that I would get what was pictured because of prior feedback being less than stellar and suggesting you don't always get what is pictured when you receive an order.

I concluded that I certainly wouldn't entertain doing business with anyone who interacted with potential customers in such a fashion, poor reviews notwithstanding. Would you?

Their caller ID was Bug Shakk so I know I didn't reach a wrong number. Guess their spelling mirrors their attitude? Dancing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
patriot3g
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Lewis Reply with quote

These clowns suck.

On April 26th I asked them about a steering box, and got a curt email to call them, I called back immediately and talked to "Shaun". I told "Shaun" that I needed a steering box for my 65, ASAP.

He stated that it would be no problem, they had "just finished several" and were ready to ship. For 185 dollars (35 dollars shipping, but $25.00 more than the advertised price). I paid as soon as I got off the phone, via Paypal...he replied and said he'd send tracking.

Then I read the feedback here.

I've called numerous times, and sent them a few emails asking if the steering box had shipped, its sitting at a Garage and costing me money. This is why I said I needed it ASAP, and they claimed they could ship it immediately.

So this morning I text "Shaun" and ask whats up. I get the angry attitude that many other buyers have received on here from them, and he tells me it shipped. Then tells me he'll just refund my money, and stop shipping...which means they most likely never shipped it at all (USPS Flat Rate shipping).

With their attitude and horrid feedback, I feel like I dodged a bullet here. To them a restored steering box is probably wire wheeled, sprayed black and stuffed in a box. I've spent hundreds of dollars on here lately getting my 65 ready, and these clowns were the only ones that played this game.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Tom_Kathleen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Lewis Reply with quote

Sorry some of you guys had issues with this seller, but I just had a great experience. I was a little wary after seeing some of the feedback but I wanted the item and took a chance and it was fine. Tom
Manxter #16, 1968 Meyers Manx & Kick-Out SS #16 (WIP)
Manx Club & CVA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
akokarski
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Lewis Reply with quote

just bought a set of original tail lights, good communication, packaging and shipping.
lockuplever1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Lewis Reply with quote

Called on Saturday, asked about a steering column. The person on the phone (didn't catch his name) explained he has hundreds of parts for sale and that he is not very computer literate. He asked if I could send a detailed message to his email and a woman would reply to me on Monday.

On Monday I received an email and an invoice. I paid the invoice and received the steering column that was pictured in the ad on Wednesday.

I know there are some poor reviews but my experience was impressive.

Steve
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Lewis Reply with quote

i responded to an ad for a 1970 vw bus owner's manual and a 1970 vw campmobile manual. the two items were 150.00 plus shipping. the ad mentioned the owners manual was a little rough - a picture was included. today, i received the manuals. the owner manual's pages 13 through 23 and 38 through 48 are so badly damaged and torn they cannot be read. i emailed loisbugs immediately but have not heard back. this is the first time a samba member has let me down. i was very disappointed. in hindsight, i should have called and asked more questions. lesson learned...
kingkarmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Lewis Reply with quote

I ordered and received a carburetor.
Absolutely no issues!

Mike Gerson

What is your "Bespoke Reality"?
t66schwab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Lewis Reply with quote

I will not be dealing with jack wagon again. He is a bare face lier I purchased a NOS 34 pci carb paid full asking price and he sent me a used carb with bent up linchage. Sad I will of course get my money back from pay-pal and tell as many people as I can to steer clear of this /*# hole I own a popular vw only shop I will have a big audience
bonzai272
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Lewis Reply with quote

Purchased a rebuilt steering box from him recently. Email response was quick, sent me a paypal invoice, tracking number provided the same day I paid. Arrived quickly, safely and in good condition. Thank you!
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Lewis Reply with quote

Is this Bug Shackk? Same place same guy?

Link

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Lewis Reply with quote

He said Blase in the video and Yes, Blase is this seller.

I pulled his ads since he died and I guess they are clearing everything out now.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
restojohnny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Lewis Reply with quote

When did blaze pass away ?
53 LHD, LH cargo door standard kombi
54 Pre-A Porsche
55 oval ribbed door non-semiphore
56 semiphore ragtop
59 renault dauphine (work in progress)
63 notchback (work in progress)
67 OG black paint beetle sedan empi accessorized
67 original Empi GTV beetle convertible !!
67 euro squareback
67 deluxe walkthru (work in progress)
67 convertible ghia (work in progress)

"STAY OUTTA MY BACKYARD !!! "
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: cfri2899 - [email protected] - Lewis Reply with quote

restojohnny wrote:
When did blaze pass away ?

Don't know. Watch the vid as it seems Mike is close enough to know. He left an email in the description of whomever is in charge of the selling.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: