Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Future Board Style/Colors/Themes?
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
sellinmyG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Future Board Style/Colors/Themes? Reply with quote

Hi, I was just wondering if there would be any possibility in the future of having different board styles (color/themes) via phpBB?

The current theme (SubSilver) is fine, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask, as I've seen other phpBB forums and website layouts that individual users can choose from a variety.

Lots of options to choose from (live demo from phpBB):
https://www.phpbb.com/styles/demo/3.0/?from=submenu

I totally get this is probably not feasible and easy for the sheer size of TheSamba, but thought it may be a good suggestion (if it hasn't been thought of yet, but I'm sure it has!) Wink

There are definitely some themes in there which are similar color to what is currently used, just has a few different buttons and fonts. Could also be a possibility if you were looking to do a mini-refresh, if the options would be too hard on the servers and those trying to implement.

Thanks! Very Happy
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are not using version 3 but probably not anyway because I have added so much that I would have to add it to every scheme I added, creating duplicate work every time I make a change.

Someone did request I add another scheme a while back to make everything dark instead of light due to his visibility issues but i could not accommodate him.

I am not actually using SubSilver but it is very similar.
It's more like "SambaSilver". Smile
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Future Board Style/Colors/Themes? Reply with quote

i didnt think there would actually be a thread on this already Shocked Well yeah, i was going to put out there that a dark mode would be neat in the future but i know it takes work, and a little jquery. Although when i made my website, i linked a giant page of css, but with as big as this site is, im sure you have several of those.

But yeah, dark mode has been popular on the web lately. Just an idea. may draw more visitors. or you could do a samba silve/black or smoke color. idk.
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Future Board Style/Colors/Themes? Reply with quote

Lots of stuff is popular lately, with both Apple and Microsoft drinking the same designer kool-aid of eliminating words from buttons, too-similar icons forcing you to hover (and elimination of most hover help), borderless buttons, low-contrast color schemes (dark grey on light grey for example), small print. A few years ago some European countries actually sued MS over their equivalent of our ADA because it was too difficult to read by disabled and elderly! Fashion does not equate to usability.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: