Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Shurflo Faucet Switch Died
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrPulldown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject: Shurflo Faucet Switch Died Reply with quote

For the last several months I believe my Shurflo faucet has been on its way out. When turned on you typically hear and feel a small click as the electrical switch built into the facet control turns on the water pump. This click doesn't always happen and there is no water. Another attempt or 2 will click and the water comes.

Last night I was trying to power drain the fresh water tank as it was going to freeze and we had filled the tank from a weekends camping trip. No click, no pump. Many attempts did not resolve the issue.

I have read some attempts to fix the switch, but the thread said that it was no a guarantee as the faucet is not designed to be dissembled. I will by pass the faucet to test if it is in fact the switch or the pump before I go any further.

2 questions:
One has anyone successfully repaired the faucet switch?
Two-In buying replacements I see that it looks like there are Right and Left handed faucets. Are these just pictures in the faucets in 2 different orientations, since they are able to rotate 360 or are there truly 2 different faucets. I think that it is the same unit in different orientations.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

MrPulldown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: Shurflo Faucet Switch Died Reply with quote

After checking fuses I cut the 2 wires going to the faucet. Crossed them and the pump began to turn. I am going to move forward with purchasing a replacement.
MrPulldown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Shurflo Faucet Switch Died Reply with quote

Walmart online seems to have the part for the lowest price.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/51419381
Order placed. I probably could have let this one go for a while as we don't use the water in the winter. But I hate having broken things.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: