Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sadly, my 67 was stolen 11/16/2021
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject: Sadly, my 67 was stolen 11/16/2021 Reply with quote

After 6 years of 67 vw fun.
My home was broken into today.
Along with many personal items taken. The thief made off with my 67 beetle.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

If you see the car anywhere in the PNW. Please call the Hillsboro Police Department and report the sighting. 800-503-7983. Case # 21-19563
The right rear fender is Savanah Beige. So it kind of stands out like a soar thumb.
Also the CSP exhaust is unique and the only one in the area that I'm aware of.

I'm really bummed at the loss! Crying or Very sad

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!

Last edited by 67rustavenger on Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Sadly, my 67 was stolen today Reply with quote

Sorry for your loss, and hopes it gets back to you intact.

I had a fully restored Zenith Blue '67 stolen, so "I feel your pain."

Best of luck!
scrivyscriv
Samba Electrician

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Sadly, my 67 was stolen today Reply with quote

Really sorry to hear it brother.
If you're ever in the Memphis area, you are welcome to stop by for advice and help.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Sadly, my 67 was stolen today Reply with quote

Just got your text. Damn it!!!!! I have non VW buddy’s out that way. I’ll forward pictures.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Sadly, my 67 was stolen today Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
Just got your text. Damn it!!!!! I have non VW buddy’s out that way. I’ll forward pictures.

Thanks Xevin. I'm really down in the dumps at the loss.

Funny thing. The engine didn't have any oil in it. It didn't make it very far toward Forest Grove, based on the shopping spree the thieves went on with my credit cards.
I was starting the annual winter engine swap. I drained it last night.
Hopefully I get some of it back.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: Sadly, my 67 was stolen today Reply with quote

Hope that vert decklid wasnt installed yet. Sorry this happened to you. If you have driven VWs for at least 50 years it is bound to have happened at least once. It happened to me, doesnt make you less pissed off knowing that though.
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: Sadly, my 67 was stolen today Reply with quote

Shocked Well hot damn. Sorry to hear about that. Id be riding down the streets with my shot gun looking for em. people suck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calvinater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Sadly, my 67 was stolen today Reply with quote

So the big engine was in the car ? Bummer man.
lboos
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Sadly, my 67 was stolen today Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that, hope you get it back soon.
It could not have gotten far with no oil in it. and a VW bug should be easy to spot, good luck to you.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Sadly, my 67 was stolen today Reply with quote

Very sad to hear this.

And very disappointed in parents of the last decades for not teaching their kids that stealing is bad.

Way back when, folks left bicycles in front yards, keys in their vehicles, etc....
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Sadly, my 67 was stolen today Reply with quote

That’s a low blow, sorry. Any chance that while using stolen credit cards they may have store video?
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: Sadly, my 67 was stolen today Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
That’s a low blow, sorry. Any chance that while using stolen credit cards they may have store video?

Yes they do. However it’s hard to ID people wearing a mask. Add a hat or stocking cap and it’s even harder.

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
67conv
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Sadly, my 67 was stolen today Reply with quote

I'm so sad to hear this! And they stole other things from your house too, besides the '67? DAMN! Lowlife bastards! Makes me not want to even open up my garage, or park my '67 vert anywhere out of my line of sight! So sorry for your loss! WOW!

Previously owned: 72 "Baja Champion SE" Spec. Edition Super Beetle bought NEW; 79 Convertible bought NEW; 67 type 1 savanna beige; 67 2.0 911S; 73 2.4 911T; 63 356 T6 B Cabriolet; 64 356 SC sunroof coupe; 72 Type-3 Squareback; 68 + 69 Type-3 Fastbacks; 87 Vanagon GL Wasserboxer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VW_Jimbo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject: Re: Sadly, my 67 was stolen today Reply with quote

Rusty! Dude! That fucking sucks big time!!!!

Hoping they just joy ride in it and park it in a good neighborhood! Then you may have a chance!

Feeling your pain. Hoping you get some resolution soon.

There is never enough time to do it right the first time, but all the time necessary the second time!

TDCTDI wrote:
Basically, a whole bunch of fuckery to achieve a look.

67rustavenger wrote:
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo! Smile
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Sadly, my 67 was stolen today Reply with quote

That SUCKS!! Sorry to hear the news. Hoping it gets recovered in good condition soon. Keep us posted.
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Sadly, my 67 was stolen today Reply with quote

Thanks all.
It's been a not so fun morning so far. Dealing with insurance, property management and the like.

They got 3 laptops, 3 cell phones, passport, birth certificate and SS card. A small amount of cash, a porta-band saw, Dremal off the shelf in the garage.
They missed a brand new DJI action camera that was in plain sight.

I froze all my credit last night. So I think I'm good there.

The car has full coverage. And I have a 1.5" thick file folder of all the parts receipts I have bought for it. Plus the title for the car is still here.

I'm still shaking from all of this shit. I feel so violated!
Can't leave the house. Due to the front door being kicked in.

And, Yes I still have the 67 vert decklid. It was in the box in the garage.

Last edited by 67rustavenger on Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
vwuberalles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Sadly, my 67 was stolen today Reply with quote

Damn dude, that sucks! Hopefully you'll find the car ditched somewhere nearby with a seized motor.
1973 Superbeetle: 1st car, owned since age 12. Update thread --> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9919140#9919140
1967 Kombi: Owned since age 17, Dad's retirement project.
1966 Beetle: My new project. (SOLD) Build thread--> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678040
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Sadly, my 67 was stolen today Reply with quote

well... time to build a new one Wink Still sucks tho. Hopefully you find them and beat their faces in Shocked Laughing
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Sadly, my 67 was stolen today Reply with quote

Perry, I am still getting calls and everyone wants a decklid (vert). I have told everyone it is sold and when they ask how much, I tell them ITS SOLD. Do you want to get the calls forwarded to you for this. Let me know. LW
RUNKLE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Sadly, my 67 was stolen today Reply with quote

wheel607 wrote:
Perry, I am still getting calls and everyone wants a decklid (vert). I have told everyone it is sold and when they ask how much, I tell them ITS SOLD. Do you want to get the calls forwarded to you for this. Let me know. LW

Dude, someone just broke into his house, stealing a lot of personal items and made of with his bug... what fuckin’ planet are you on?

Type 3
1968 Squareback

Last edited by RUNKLE on Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: