Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Your Volkswagen Pet Peeves
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Your Volkswagen Pet Peeves Reply with quote

Ceckert64 wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:
i cannot stand... this...

Same, I also can’t stand cars that their wheels stick significantly out of their wheel wells

thats literally every single truck in the south Laughing if you aint got nones wheel spacers and deep offset wheels, you aint it cuz Wink
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sethhope
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Your Volkswagen Pet Peeves Reply with quote

I drive a Bradley GTII kit car built on a '73 beetle

"Why dont you get a REAL sports car like a mustang or corvette?"
"Ohh! My dad/uncle/fairy godmother had one of those!"
"Why would you drive something so small?? Isnt it dangerous??"

My peeves:
No parts!!! Gotta make it all myself pretty much.
Original builder's wiring failing with clockwork regularity
Access panels? What are those? Just remove the body!

Anti-peeve:
Had a guy go absolutely nuts because he had never seen a bradley kit in person and loved the car.
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Your Volkswagen Pet Peeves Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:
Ceckert64 wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:
i cannot stand... this...

Same, I also can’t stand cars that their wheels stick significantly out of their wheel wells

thats literally every single truck in the south Laughing if you aint got nones wheel spacers and deep offset wheels, you aint it cuz Wink
I feel bad you have to look at those everyday Laughing Sick
“Fitz” 1971 Westfalia Poptop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Your Volkswagen Pet Peeves Reply with quote

put a V-8 in it? they say,"Why would I want to Slow it Down?"
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AutoMechanic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Your Volkswagen Pet Peeves Reply with quote

I don’t really get bothered being asked about it. My big pet peeve though is when these random people always show up on my property asking to buy it. I’m like do you see a for sale sign? If not then no it’s not for sale. I had a guy last two years he has stopped by offering $200 for it I’m like not happening dude. He buys and flips cars I’m not letting that happen to mine.

One I try not to let bother me is people with non stock Volkswagens or any car for that matter. It drives me crazy to see one modified but I know everyone likes something different. To me that decreases the value by a significant amount. Yellow 181
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Your Volkswagen Pet Peeves Reply with quote

$200 ? ,,I'd tell him sure !,,"which hubcap ya want"? Laughing
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Your Volkswagen Pet Peeves Reply with quote

My pet peeve is the use of the word "dizzy" in place of distributor. Just always thought it sounded stupid. That's all. Cool
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Your Volkswagen Pet Peeves Reply with quote

sportin-wood wrote:
My pet peeve is the use of the word "dizzy" in place of distributor. Just always thought it sounded stupid. That's all. Cool

I hate when other people beat me to a pet peeve

Dizzy is for didiots
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Your Volkswagen Pet Peeves Reply with quote

^^^
yeah someone beat you to it more than a decade ago Laughing

Posted 3-23-2007
bugninva wrote:

2) "Dizzy".... WTF... its a damn distributor....

Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Your Volkswagen Pet Peeves Reply with quote

60ragtop wrote:
^^^
yeah someone beat you to it more than a decade ago Laughing

Posted 3-23-2007
bugninva wrote:

2) "Dizzy".... WTF... its a damn distributor....

Yeah, but I hate it so much, it was worth reposting. Razz
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Your Volkswagen Pet Peeves Reply with quote

Ahhh, c'mon, give him a brake break.
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Your Volkswagen Pet Peeves Reply with quote

sportin-wood wrote:

I'll X100 on that one.

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
Iowa Mark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Your Volkswagen Pet Peeves Reply with quote

I have a problem with people reminding me that "I saw one just like yours sell for $400,000 on TV the other day! Except it was red and I think it was one of those factory super charged models.......or super something. Did you see that show?" Confused
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Your Volkswagen Pet Peeves Reply with quote

There have been a number of comments about VW folks being less than kind to other VW folks. It doesn't just happen on line, either. Sometimes it's local.

I don't often get weird/uninformed/ignorant/oh, let's call it what it is - stupid comments from folks. Most communications toward me about my car have been positive. And the often repetitive ones are not horrible - I just answer with a smile. It's nice that people notice.

Most of my peeves have to do with the lack of time I have to fix something when it does go wrong. If I could get to it right away my car would be on the road way more than it is.
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Your Volkswagen Pet Peeves Reply with quote

Let's face it. We all get a scrape, cut, knuckle busted once in a when working on our cars.
You get an adhesive bandage to staunch the bleeding. Only to have that bandage soon come loose and let the blood flow again.

Why can't we get good, well adhering adhesive bandages that stay in place, when applied over a cut, scrape, busted knuckle?

I really liked the American bandage company first aid kit bandages. They stayed stuck in place for day's. Even after washing.
Sadly they are no longer available at my local worksite.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Your Volkswagen Pet Peeves Reply with quote

I wear gloves.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: Your Volkswagen Pet Peeves Reply with quote

J&j fabric bandages stay put m skip the plastic crap. Use superglue and staples if it’s a through and through

Nitrile and work gloves stop the damage proactively though.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Your Volkswagen Pet Peeves Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
J&j fabric bandages stay put m skip the plastic crap. Use superglue and staples if it’s a through and through

Nitrile and work gloves stop the damage proactively though.

^^^THIS
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Your Volkswagen Pet Peeves Reply with quote

I second surgical super glue. Works fantastic. Even when you can see the bone Laughing Shocked Shocked
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Your Volkswagen Pet Peeves Reply with quote

At the gas station "those were good cars"???????????? When did they stop being good cars. Go drive your Prius elsewhere.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Jump to:
Page 12 of 16

Jump to: