Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Writing on my Volkswagen Atlas Window?
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
66bugguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject: Writing on my Volkswagen Atlas Window? Reply with quote

I bought this 2018 Volkswagen Atlas SE about a week or two ago. I bought it at night, so I didn’t notice this writing that can’t be seen from the outside but can from the inside. What I can decipher it says “1/13/21 Mexico recovery no keys”. I was never told about this at the dealer so I was wondering what this could mean. Does this mean the car could’ve been stolen or something? There’s also a 3 digit number it looks a bit like #AM4. I’m not sure what this could be either.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Butcher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Writing on my Volkswagen Atlas Window? Reply with quote

All too often when you buy used, there are parts of the history you may not like. I do not know what the message means, but if you like the car, this message does not change anything. Except your feelings. I would not worry about it.

Many times the dealership does not know the history but what CarFax says.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: Writing on my Volkswagen Atlas Window? Reply with quote

The first thing that came to mind for me was that it got towed at some point and the tow yard wrote that on the window and it didn't fully wash off.

Could that be from being stolen?
Possibly... If there are no issues otherwise I guess I wouldn't worry about it.

It could have been stolen at some point and everything fixed back to like new, if there was even damage.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Writing on my Volkswagen Atlas Window? Reply with quote

Run a carfax.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TornadoRed06
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Writing on my Volkswagen Atlas Window? Reply with quote

Logic tells if it was recovered without keys... someone (owner?) lost them and couldn't retreive them in time? I find it hard how could you steal&run away into Mexico with a locked modern car, unless this is one of those cars fitted with pointless keyless systems. In that case, you could steal it when the legit owner was nearby.

The most likely, inscriptions were added on dark tinted privacy glass and sunburn made it while it had been sitting in the lot before full refurbishment.
What are the odds?

Also very important: is the door glass Original Part, I mean: same build date as the vehicle and matching all others. You might be staring to a re-used part... from the breakersyard!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: