Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Thanksgiving 2021
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanksgiving 2021 Reply with quote

Emily's Owner wrote:
busdaddy wrote:
Here in Canada we have mandatory bilingual service for all government agencies, I demand servais en francais sis vous plais (sp?), things get quiet and turn into a dial tone after that.

I like that option, too bad it doesn't extend down across the border a ways. If we're really bored we do the aged hard of hearing granny or grandpa bit, and see how long we can fish them along when they're trying to convince us to go get those gift cards and read them the numbers... fun times. Our son is the winner so far at almost 45 minutes, then his voice cracked and he started to laugh, funnily enough, they hung up Very Happy

I've pulled that one too with the computer security calls, "wait a minute while I find it and start it up....................................., oh now where did I put the cord?, ............and what's my password?....I can't see the numbers, where are my glasses?........., now the thing is spinning............do you know my cousin Bob?, he visited India once, you must have met him............OK, there's a picture of an Apple showing, now what do I do?"..............click. 10-15 minutes if I have the time and am in the mood, 45 minutes has to be a record. Cool

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanksgiving 2021 Reply with quote

Staying on topic.

We had a lovely Thanksgiving day here.
I grilled a turkey, while my sis roasted hers.
My grilled turkey's always get rave reviews from the family! Very Happy

My nephew caught a beautiful salmon yesterday morning and brought it along for the feast.
I grilled the salmon fillet to perfection. Cool

All 22 of us sat down for the feast and had great (non political) conversations, on what is currently happening in our lives.

All in all. It was an absolutely perfect day to share with our family, that has been scattered far and wide for the last couple of years.

I hope your Thanksgiving holiday went well for, you and your family.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanksgiving 2021 Reply with quote

67rustavenger wrote:
Staying on topic.

We had a lovely Thanksgiving day here.
I grilled a turkey, while my sis roasted hers.
My grilled turkey's always get rave reviews from the family! Very Happy

Our dad grilled a heritage turkey on his Traeger, and my husband cooked a 25 lb turkey on our grill - so we had plenty to go around. Kids were here, my parents and one sister and her boys. it was a lovely, relaxing day for us as well.

ITMC - OG Den Mother

What (and I cannot stress this enough) The Actual Fuck?!

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: Thanksgiving 2021 Reply with quote

We had three Volvos and one VW converge on LI via the ferry, then we mass transported over to NYC for a day of Thanks and Giving. Traffic was amazingly good, 95 minute trip
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: