Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A friend of mine wants to sell his thing
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
techplus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:03 am    Post subject: A friend of mine wants to sell his thing Reply with quote

I'm not sure what year it is, its rusty, looks like someone put sheet metal over the rusting floors. it needs brakes, motor turns freely. is it worth $2k?

I hate to let it sit in the field

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: A friend of mine wants to sell his thing Reply with quote

i would look on here under Things for sale and see whats comparable and see the date the ad was placed. If its been on awhile then i would price your friends less than that.
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KAmes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: A friend of mine wants to sell his thing Reply with quote

$2000 dollars isn't really a lot for a car anymore. Some will say not but I wouldn't laugh at you if you spent that, it's your call. They all have rusty floors, you can about expect it, and it's not the worst to fix. I would be thinking how rusty is the rest of it, is the windshield frame solid? Is it complete, are there pieces missing? $2000 is some money but it's hard to find good ones that cheap.
77kafer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:36 am    Post subject: Re: A friend of mine wants to sell his thing Reply with quote

By the way, looks to be a 74.

Overheard on 27 June 07, one lady to another when they saw my Harli in a parking lot at West Point, "maybe he found it on the clearance aisle at the Volkswagen dealer"
vws-microcars4jim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: A friend of mine wants to sell his thing Reply with quote

Agreed it looks like a '74 (mirror on the A pillar, rear muffs, no heat contol knobs on the left side dash panel). Looks fairly complete and unrusted by my midwest standards, pumpkin orange? The driver's seat appers to be from a beetle. $2k seems pretty fair, but pull it out and get us some better pics.

Jim
CraigInPA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: A friend of mine wants to sell his thing Reply with quote

I'd say, in today's economy, $2k is fair. Virtually every panel you might need to rebuild it is readily available, and there are people who can supply virtually everything else from parts cars.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: A friend of mine wants to sell his thing Reply with quote

I know too much about these cars to ever assess a value with one photo, in a field, covered in weeds. Saying that car is worth 2k is doing you no service at all.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Wildthings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: A friend of mine wants to sell his thing Reply with quote

A non running car may have dozens of expensive things wrong with it, all kinds of engine problems, tranny and clutch problems, brake problems, suspension problems, etc. Buy with care.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: