Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

You know you're old when...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

(new page) For Glenn -

Our 2nd wagon (the first one was smashed to bits by a drunk driver blowing a light in San Francisco but didn't hurt dad and his passenger at all, which convinced my dad to be a dedicated Volvo guy (PV544, two 145E's - he still drives the 1972 which has passed the 500,000 mark).

We used to see the Amazon and the first 145E around Portland for many years after my dad sold them, which was kind of fun. He sold the 544 to a friend, so we got to see it for many years as well, which ws a little bittersweet as it was definitely the most fun car to drive (other than the TR3 and the MGB)
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

ITMC - OG Den Mother

What (and I cannot stress this enough) The Actual Fuck?!

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

Ultimate test of longevity. When your 22 year old daughter finishes goes to grad school in the car in which she came home from the hospital with her twin sister.

Best part , a sleeper 300 HP stick shift wagon we got from Europe which I got back when she deployed overseas
Xevin Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

When you call it a “ Night Club”
Remember dancing? Asking a chick to dance, Long Island ice tea, smoking inside, smoking, using the word “Chick” Next day walk of shame in the same clothes from the day before Laughing
Carry on.

Link

And for you all a bit older then me.

Link

Clatter wrote:
Damn that Xevin... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
I respect Xevin and he's a turd Razz

SGKent wrote:
My God! Xevin and I 100% agree Shocked
Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

Xevin wrote:
When you call it a “ Night Club”
Remember dancing? Asking a chick to dance, Long Island ice tea, smoking inside, smoking, using the word “Chick” Next day walk of shame in the same clothes from the day before Laughing
Carry on.

Long Island Iced Teas were pretty popular at the Rusty Pelican as I recall, I think our bartenders served hundreds of gallons of them over a weekend. Ramos Gin Fizzes were the brunch drink of choice too...

ITMC - OG Den Mother

What (and I cannot stress this enough) The Actual Fuck?!

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

Quote:
Sarchasm (n.) the giant gulf between the sarcastic comment and the person who doesn't get it.

You’ve misspelled sarcasm , and that isn’t a correct definition.
Pruneman99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
Quote:
Sarchasm (n.) the giant gulf between the sarcastic comment and the person who doesn't get it.

Is this a double joke? Laughing Laughing
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

Pruneman99 wrote:
Abscate wrote:
Quote:

Is this a double joke? Laughing Laughing

You know you're old when you 'fall' right into that one. Smile

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:54 am    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

Emily's Owner wrote:
(new page) For Glenn -

“I’ve been doing bank jobs between dropping Charles at work and Welcome Wagon. I’m saving the money to give to Emily to disassemble the patriarchy”
Mickey bitsko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

When you don't recognize the guy in the mirror. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

When you accept the fact that your best days are behind you and there are fewer and fewer days ahead.
Which means I have to make the most of every day I have in front of me. You don't get makeup days later.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

Best days behind me?? Hardly.
I’ve been lucky to have served a bunch of hardworking curious people all my life and made a good living doing it

I’m thankful and enjoying the spoils and still roofing a garage myself with seven decades behind me. Giving back is even more regarding than making coin
Da TOW'D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

You know you're old when.

you keep forgetting all the passwords
'92 Eurovan Willy DD
and NUTS
Iowa Mark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

Da TOW'D wrote:
You know you're old when.

you keep forgetting all the passwords

Or you forget where you put the notebook that had all those passwords in it.
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

OB Bus wrote:
When you accept the fact that your best days are behind you and there are fewer and fewer days ahead.
Which means I have to make the most of every day I have in front of me. You don't get makeup days later.
I think what OB was inferring is that cognizant people come to realize that after a certain point in life, fewer days will be ahead, than the days left behind. Those that chose to think differently, will not escape the fact. We are all just one single heartbeat away destiny
bigdog1962
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

I thought this was appropriate for the season....

...when you understand why the Grinch wanted to live in a cave with his dog.
Oprn wrote: I'm getting to the age that any self propelled woman (no wheel chair or walker) looks HOT!! Oooo! look at that Babe! She made it from the dining room all the way to the TV room without help!! Hubba, hubba!!
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

Jacks wrote:
OB Bus wrote:
I think what OB was inferring is that cognizant people come to realize that after a certain point in life, fewer days will be ahead, than the days left behind. Those that chose to think differently, will not escape the fact. We are all just one single heartbeat away destiny

Absolutely! I tell people that you can beg, borrow or steal money but time once spent is gone for ever! Trading time for money is the worst deal on the face of this earth! You can always get the money back somehow but NEVER the time...

I guess you have to be old to truly appreciate the profound depth of that fact!

No one in thier right mind sitting in a wheel chair, in a nursing home will look out the window and think fondly of the money they made and wishing for more. We will all regret not having spent more time with things, people and activities we love.
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

oprn wrote:
Jacks wrote:
OB Bus wrote:

Absolutely! I tell people that you can beg, borrow or steal money but time once spent is gone for ever! Trading time for money is the worst deal on the face of this earth! You can always get the money back somehow but NEVER the time...

I guess you have to be old to truly appreciate the profound depth of that fact!

No one in thier right mind sitting in a wheel chair, in a nursing home will look out the window and think fondly of the money they made and wishing for more. We will all regret not having spent more time with things, people and activities we love.

Some deep thoughts right there.
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

Steve M. wrote:
You know you're old when......

....35 years ago today

We weren't in the VW because her sister's family was using it that week, and her father had her Firebird.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
EVfun
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
....35 years ago today

Congratulations. Applause I'm sure she's had the harder job putting up with you! Razz My wife and I just hit 35 years earlier this month. Dancing
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

You also know you're old when your 3G TracFone will go off service in mid-February and you need to get a 4G phone. I think I will try this 4G flip phone for $20. And I'll pretend that I know what a "G" is.....

Now

New

1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Jump to:
Page 6 of 16

Jump to: