Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Engine advice (budget speed)
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mukluk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine advice (budget speed) Reply with quote

As far as I know the 40hp short stud kits don't allow you to use the rocker studs from 1300-1600 heads, no.

BTW, Minot was my first duty station '95-'99... safe bet it hasn't gotten any less frigid despite some folk's doomsday predictions. If you haven't already found them, MBM / Action Auto on Valley Street was about the only aircooled oriented source in town.
Little Car
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine advice (budget speed) Reply with quote

mukluk wrote:
As far as I know the 40hp short stud kits don't allow you to use the rocker studs from 1300-1600 heads, no.

BTW, Minot was my first duty station '95-'99... safe bet it hasn't gotten any less frigid despite some folk's doomsday predictions. If you haven't already found them, MBM / Action Auto on Valley Street was about the only aircooled oriented source in town.

Okay, so I guess the bolts with the kit replace the studs then?

I'll give them a look, only place I could find here was Air-cooled Performance here in Minot. So far the town isn't that bad, but I only have 3 years left so making the best of it.
mukluk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Engine advice (budget speed) Reply with quote

Correct, the "short stud kit" is somewhat of a misnomer since it has you installing threaded inserts into the cylinder heads. The rocker assemblies are then held in place with bolts screwed into said inserts.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: