Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

You know you're old when...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
my59
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

You know your old when... in the hospital you want some particular visitors and tell others you don't have the time to waste on them
Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

Happy Anniversary Cusser!

ITMC - OG Den Mother

What (and I cannot stress this enough) The Actual Fuck?!

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

Happy 4G Anniversaty Cusser! That’s 4G LTE, tastes great, less filling.

You know your old when 35 years of marriage…was some time ago.

For my high tech Silicon Valley friends…you only get to count the first spouse for years, not the total of all spouses. It’s a thing.
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

We were looking at wedding photos a while back. No resemblance to what we see now in the mirror 39 years later! Shocked

She looks just like her Mom and I just look like a fat old fart!
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:

Apparently back in 1985 Mrs. Cusser thought I was high tech because I owned a telephone answering machine and a VCR.

Want to guess how many operational VCRs I still have? Maybe that we have two operational turntables and two nice cassette recorders, and cassette players in my 2 VWs and 1988 Mazda truck could be a clue.....
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
Abscate wrote:

Apparently back in 1985 Mrs. Cusser thought I was high tech because I owned a telephone answering machine and a VCR.

Want to guess how many operational VCRs I still have? Maybe that we have two operational turntables and two nice cassette recorders, and cassette players in my 2 VWs and 1988 Mazda truck could be a clue.....

That’s all good sounding but did you have the clock set on the VCR or is it still flashing 1200 ? Congratulations tempus fugit
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
That’s all good sounding but did you have the clock set on the VCR or is it still flashing 1200 ? Congratulations tempus fugit

The clocks on them work fine, and I did know how to record programs correctly, never had the "for idiots" VCR +.

Funny story, Cusser's mom was given a new VCR from my brother, only wanted to tape one weekly show. But the VCR kept taping "Caroline in the City" instead. I told her she had the special "Caroline in the City" model and she exchanged it at Best Buy, and same happened. I went over there, and even though she told me she had set up the channels, she had not, so it always defaulted to Channel 3 (where "Caroline in the City" was), as there was no way to choose a recording channel. So my mom had lied about setting up the channels.
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

Wake up every two hours to Pee.
Have to pull my pants completely down, so I don't pee on them.
Greasy(Good) Food gives me the shits.
One Beer is good.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

ach60 wrote:
One Beer is good.

Sounds like it's time for diapers.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
ach60 wrote:
One Beer is good.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

Cusser wrote:
You also know you're old when your 3G TracFone will go off service in mid-February and you need to get a 4G phone. I think I will try this 4G flip phone for $20. And I'll pretend that I know what a "G" is.....

That BS (4G requirement) has been kicked to the curb multiple times in the last few years. I fully expect that my 6 year old Samsung Convoy flip phone, bought at a yard sale for one dollar, will still be working a year from now.

If not, I'll be looking for that $20 4G.

Not sure if I qualify as old yet, but I am definitely an analog man in a digital world.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

Glenn wrote:
ach60 wrote:
One Beer is good.

It depends.

When you get really old like me, you don’t even remember your pants. Problem solved!
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:

Not sure if I qualify as old yet, but I am definitely an analog man in a digital world.

Joe Walsh quote. Nicely done!

It seems that my latest aging trick is, forgetting to zip my fly once in a while, after using the facilities. Shocked
Kinda embarrassing walking around the office spaces at work, and realizing what I have forgotten to do! Embarassed

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

You know your old when you leave little notes on your desk at home AND the kitchen counter, AND leave them in magic marker so you will see them... Embarassed

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

67rustavenger wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

Joe Walsh quote. Nicely done!

It seems that my latest aging trick is, forgetting to zip my fly once in a while, after using the facilities. Shocked
Kinda embarrassing walking around the office spaces at work, and realizing what I have forgotten to do! Embarassed

Leaving that Johnson door open may in fact be a subconscious effort to gain attention. Think on that, Funk 49 😀
Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

67rustavenger wrote:

Did they find your bug yet?

ITMC - OG Den Mother

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

That’s not fitting well into this thread, EO

Laughing
Emily's Owner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:
That’s not fitting well into this thread, EO

Laughing

Rolling Eyes I'm old - can't remember where I left my last thread...

ITMC - OG Den Mother

1974 Transporter
2023 Subaru Outback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

Wait...what were we talking about? Wink
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: You know you're old when... Reply with quote

KTPhil wrote:
Wait...what were we talking about? Wink

Margaret was asking about my stolen 67.

EO, you have an PM.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Jump to:
Page 7 of 16

Jump to: