Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1000 Barndoors in the registry
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonny_Larsen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:05 am    Post subject: 1000 Barndoors in the registry Reply with quote

Just for info.
The next Barndoor in the registry will be number 1000 Very Happy
http://www.barndoor.dk/BDregister0.html

and 760 is with pictures.
http://www.barndoor.dk/gallery.html
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jimone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: 1000 Barndoors in the registry Reply with quote

i think i am #999 Very Happy

maybe i will make myself a t-shirt or something.
Tonny_Larsen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 1000 Barndoors in the registry Reply with quote

Jimone wrote:
i think i am #999 Very Happy

maybe i will make myself a t-shirt or something.

Right Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 1000 Barndoors in the registry Reply with quote

great. glad you are still doing it.

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
hugheseum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: 1000 Barndoors in the registry Reply with quote

ive just recently restarted working on the 52 in your registry......it has been sold but im building it, funny thing the past custodian erroneously posted the body number as the vin....i need to double check but i believe it came with florians 23 52 and a sc? i cant remember but something about 3 52 buses shipped to canada that year
Tonny_Larsen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: 1000 Barndoors in the registry Reply with quote

hugheseum wrote:
ive just recently restarted working on the 52 in your registry......it has been sold but im building it, funny thing the past custodian erroneously posted the body number as the vin....i need to double check but i believe it came with florians 23 52 and a sc? i cant remember but something about 3 52 buses shipped to canada that year

Is it 20-029559 ?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0
hugheseum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 1000 Barndoors in the registry Reply with quote

yes that bus....i think i found a order printout before and it stated 3 buses to canada in 52.....if memory serves the vins were in the inventory list so not a huge mystery, i have sold the 52 but im building it up for the new custodian
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 1000 Barndoors in the registry Reply with quote

hugheseum wrote:
yes that bus....i think i found a order printout before and it stated 3 buses to canada in 52.....if memory serves the vins were in the inventory list so not a huge mystery, i have sold the 52 but im building it up for the new custodian

So if you are building it, you can take a pic of the vin...... or it didn't happen.

I can just about guarantee we will never see a pic of the vin.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: 1000 Barndoors in the registry Reply with quote

Just out of interest, and I’m not knocking anyone for their personal choice, but why wouldn’t you post a picture of the vin? Surely this proves some provenance for a vehicle? I heard a story about a guy in the uk who appears to have built a fake Barndoor deluxe using a vin from a list of scrapped buses, and who’s now trying to pass it off as real. By not showing photos of what he started with it added weight to the common thinking that he’s just cloned a long scrapped bus.
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: 1000 Barndoors in the registry Reply with quote

busben wrote:
Just out of interest, and I’m not knocking anyone for their personal choice, but why wouldn’t you post a picture of the vin? Surely this proves some provenance for a vehicle? I heard a story about a guy in the uk who appears to have built a fake Barndoor deluxe using a vin from a list of scrapped buses, and who’s now trying to pass it off as real. By not showing photos of what he started with it added weight to the common thinking that he’s just cloned a long scrapped bus.

A bus doesn't even need to be scrapped to be cloned. Some fools did it on a still existing and well known bus:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=755673
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RockStock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: 1000 Barndoors in the registry Reply with quote

busben wrote:
I heard a story about a guy in the uk who appears to have built a fake Barndoor deluxe using a vin from a list of scrapped buses, and who’s now trying to pass it off as real. By not showing photos of what he started with it added weight to the common thinking that he’s just cloned a long scrapped bus.

Well that doesn’t sound good, does it?

Yes. All This Guy needs to do is post up a picture or two of what he started out with, and with the VIN being so important in proving provenance, you’d have thought he’d have a nice ‘before’ snap of that area. Should be easy, as it was bought relatively recently - in the time of digital pictures & smart phones. And there are lots of pictures around of it in mid-Recreation mode, with lots of new panels on show.

Post a picture up, and all those doubts should go away. And the next custodian can rest easy knowing, ok, he has a Recreation…but built around a legitimate VIN. Nice.
Lazaa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 1000 Barndoors in the registry Reply with quote

Tonny_Larsen wrote:

Is it 20-029559 ?

I don't know what you mention it but 20-29559 is obviously not the one hugheseum is restoring Idea
earlywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 1000 Barndoors in the registry Reply with quote

hugheseum wrote:

There were certainly more than 3 1952 barndoors shipped to Canada in that year.
hugheseum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 1000 Barndoors in the registry Reply with quote

oh my bad.....i forgot how fun thesamba vw crowd was....been too long, yep total fake, you guys enjoy yourselves!
busben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: 1000 Barndoors in the registry Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I’d say you definitely got the wrong end of the stick reading the above posts about someone else’s bus tbh. I don’t think any aspersions are being cast on you at all ……
Tonny_Larsen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: 1000 Barndoors in the registry Reply with quote

Lazaa wrote:
Tonny_Larsen wrote:

Is it 20-029559 ?

I don't know what you mention it but 20-29559 is obviously not the one hugheseum is restoring Idea

Sorry, I was just guessing Smile
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: 1000 Barndoors in the registry Reply with quote

hugheseum wrote:
oh my bad.....i forgot how fun thesamba vw crowd was....been too long, yep total fake, you guys enjoy yourselves!

Like I said, I can pretty much guarantee that he won't post a picture of the VIN number. Adam just wants to stir things up and play the victim. Never contribute. Never has, never will.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: