Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Rocky Mountain Westy Bumpers
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
shizzon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Rocky Mountain Westy Bumpers Reply with quote

I love my twin peaks bumpber but have also had some issues with rust creeping up.
ledogboy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Rocky Mountain Westy Bumpers Reply with quote

I love mine, wouldn’t trade them for anything else currently available.
Some people call him Maurice...
chrisaj1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Rocky Mountain Westy Bumpers Reply with quote

Hi, does anyone know how much these weigh? They look very heavy duty.
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Rocky Mountain Westy Bumpers Reply with quote

chrisaj1 wrote:
Hi, does anyone know how much these weigh? They look very heavy duty.

At the risk of sounding like a weakling, I couldn't lift the box for the rear one and had to push-slide it across my garage floor. The front one I carried, albeit with some duress.

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Andymon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Rocky Mountain Westy Bumpers Reply with quote

Well, shipping if free from Van-Cafe right now so that ought to make the bumper a little lighter......
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Rocky Mountain Westy Bumpers Reply with quote

Andymon wrote:
Well, shipping if free from Van-Cafe right now so that ought to make the bumper a little lighter......
Hah.... Smile Laughing
Mine is on its way, soon to be in my hands.... or sliding across the floor as the case may be.... Razz Razz
I've look at the Rear Bumper on Van Cafe's web site for 2 years now, finally pulled the trigger last week on Friday. The Free Shipping was the tipping point.. Wink Wink
2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto
TopBud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Rocky Mountain Westy Bumpers Reply with quote

I ordered my on Black Friday and they were in my possession on Wednesday with the free shipping. I am so stoked. I have been wanting these for a long time, but just pulled the trigger because of the free shipping. I agree with Joetiger, The one box was super heavy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Rocky Mountain Westy Bumpers Reply with quote

I love the rear one. It reminds me of the chunky dealer-installed Fleetside bumpers that all Texas farmers, including my grandmother, used to install on their Chevy work trucks.

The front one doesn't match the lines as well and is kind of clunky looking, but it is stout and provides a great step. Mine has been profoundly abused in Moab and still looks new (unless you look really close.)

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Silverghost500
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Rocky Mountain Westy Bumpers Reply with quote

I really enjoy mine. As I mentioned in a previous post the front Twin Peaks bumper was struck by a baseball sized piece of debris from the road traveling I65 in Alabama going about 65-70mph. Made a big "clang" noise when it hit, but no evidence of any damage.

Here's videos of me putting my set on. Maybe they'll help you guys who are about to install yours:

Rear Twin Peaks Bumper:
https://youtu.be/lFgVrUWoH6s

Front Twin Peaks
https://youtu.be/IMSuQ0ZC0NU

Von Westy YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbhyZYxJEQrUuLnMbLleeIA
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Rocky Mountain Westy Bumpers Reply with quote

Silverghost500 wrote:
I really enjoy mine. As I mentioned in a previous post the front Twin Peaks bumper was struck by a baseball sized piece of debris from the road traveling I65 in Alabama going about 65-70mph. Made a big "clang" noise when it hit, but no evidence of any damage.

Here's videos of me putting my set on. Maybe they'll help you guys who are about to install yours:

Rear Twin Peaks Bumper:
https://youtu.be/lFgVrUWoH6s

Front Twin Peaks
https://youtu.be/IMSuQ0ZC0NU
I will review your info tonight. My boxes arrived this morning at work, so I know what I'm doing tomorrow with the Vanagon..... Dancing Dancing Dancing

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: