Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

03Eurovan, coolant reservoir
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bethcoats
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject: 03Eurovan, coolant reservoir Reply with quote

Thank you guys! yes my sensors were damaged, but that (so I'm told by mechanic) is because my coolant reservoir has a crack in it.. Bigger problem is finding that part, 701-121-407E, I found 2 used on ebay, but mechanic thinks using an used, preowned or old will result in same problem, due to it being plastic and 19yrs old. He want to go to a part store in Denver Monday and get a 05 Jetta reservoir, and retro fit it... I think I should buy a used one just in case this doesn't work. I don't know if the crack got bigger over time, but i do know it has leaked coolant since 2016. The van is running now and has new sensors along with the new S belt and tensioner I got in Santa Fe.. Please any feed back would be helpful. thank you Beth Coats
505-977-0071 cell
spacetiger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: 03Eurovan, coolant reservoir Reply with quote

I'd would use a used on in good condition. If none could be found, I might try to fix the one in there now vs try to use a different part.

But lets see how the Jetta part works out. It might be a bolt in replacement. Post pics if you can.

Good luck
Wyotdi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 03Eurovan, coolant reservoir Reply with quote

Unless I'm missing something-a simple google search of part number brings up lots of new ones from a number of sources.
Wyotdi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 03Eurovan, coolant reservoir Reply with quote

Clearly I did miss something. Didn’t realize the suffix letter was the difference. My apologies.
MrPulldown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 03Eurovan, coolant reservoir Reply with quote

Affectionately named the DEATH STAR.
TheOneTrueQuux
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 03Eurovan, coolant reservoir Reply with quote

Wyotdi wrote:
Clearly I did miss something. Didn’t realize the suffix letter was the difference. My apologies.

I wouldn't be too surprised if the letter denotes some trivial difference like the connector on the level sensor or what's printed on the bottle.

These are all pretty similar, and I'll bet the "wrong" one can be made to work.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: 03Eurovan, coolant reservoir Reply with quote

Wyotdi wrote:
Unless I'm missing something-a simple google search of part number brings up lots of new ones from a number of sources.

That part went NLA two years ago. If you have links to someone with inventory, please share.

If someone could document the fitting sizes, we can spec a DeathStar that would work easily.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: