Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Idle Stabilizer Control Module: "B" vs. "D"
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:02 pm    Post subject: Idle Stabilizer Control Module: "B" vs. "D" Reply with quote

So I was looking at my stock of spare Idle Stabilizer Control Modules a few minutes ago and become curious about the part numbers being the same, but having a different suffix letter at the end of the part number.

One version has a "B" and another a "D"
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

What's the difference and can either one be used with ECU #025 906 022 D.
I'm making the basic assumption the"B" was for earlier years and the "D" the later years, but which years were they changed?

There are seven days in a week. Someday is not one of them.
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Idle Stabilizer Control Module: "B" vs. "D" Reply with quote

Bump for info.

bobhill8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Idle Stabilizer Control Module: "B" vs. "D" Reply with quote

Steve, you probably already know this, but I wonder if Zoti would know the answer since he is working on new module project?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Steve M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Idle Stabilizer Control Module: "B" vs. "D" Reply with quote

bobhill8 wrote:
Steve, you probably already know this, but I wonder if Zoti would know the answer since he is working on new module project?

I skimmed trough the "Alternate Idle Stabilizer" thread, but did not see any reference to the version. Nobody asked the question there for it to be answered Wink

Wellington
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Idle Stabilizer Control Module: "B" vs. "D" Reply with quote

Gowesty doesn't seem to differentiate,

https://www.gowesty.com/product/fuel-injection/23468/idle-control-unit---rebuilt-
zoti
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Idle Stabilizer Control Module: "B" vs. "D" Reply with quote

bobhill8 wrote:

They are different but perform the same function. The D version is more "modern". Both are just sort of an analogue computer.

Our new version is going to be a digital computer and will be able to adjust everything by code. There's nothing you can adjust on those original ICUs.
zoti
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Idle Stabilizer Control Module: "B" vs. "D" Reply with quote

Steve M. wrote:
bobhill8 wrote:

I skimmed trough the "Alternate Idle Stabilizer" thread, but did not see any reference to the version. Nobody asked the question there for it to be answered Wink

We were going over it ourselves while trying to understand how it works. Their schematics are different but they basically do the same thing. D is latest version. Both will work with your ECU. They don't really communicate with the ECU. Just share a few of the same inputs.

The ISCU is a standalone unit.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: