Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW model build topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

Applause nice! not been able to progress my model due to other commitments Crying or Very sad

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
volkaholic1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

wow - amazing, did it come with those door decals, or did you make those?
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

That's real impressive for 1/35 scale! (Though I'd probably cut the accelerator pump off the carburetor. That didn't appear until '52!)

Heinz Nordhoff
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

volkaholic1 wrote:
wow - amazing, did it come with those door decals, or did you make those?

Thanks, the door decals are included as are the fender decals
volkaholic1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

falcon update, i have been working on the people and the "additional equipment" i have made 4 princess leia ,and 4 R2D2, note 2 have there sensor anntenna up. i also have built a vw kubelwagen for local transport,, i am such a dork i have written a complete backstory for the future diorama,
enjoy! starting to sound like fan fiction.

on the kubelwagen, i pimped it out, added an exhuast tip, a shovel on the front fender, and a gas can on back left, and water cans on back right, and a pivot mounted pulse rifle for the passenger,,,, if needed.

Han and Chewy have set down the Falcon on a sparely populated world located at the remote edge of the Southern Rim Territories. This star system is so isolated that the Empire has not mapped it yet. This has the benefit of the Empire basically considering it nonexistent. This eliminates the issues with dealing with Empireal forces, lower taxes and less paperwork. The name of the planet is Catspaw.
They have set down in the middle of the Black Sand Flats. A good location for security, you can see people coming from way off. They plan on getting some R&R, make some much needed repairs to the Falcon, and do some legal inter-planet business.
Right now they have a load of slurried kerosene they are taking to an iron smelting operation on the far side of the planet. Presently they are getting refueled by the local Fuelers Guild. The advantage of taking on the radioactive liquid metal fuel here is that taxes are lower and they can get an illegal additive added that boosts performance.
Because this planet is so remote and sparely populated, they still have a lot of Pre-Empire equipment in use. An example is the VW Thing being used for local transport. Leia and R2D2 are running some errands at the local general store. The refueling rig is also quite old.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

Nice job on the fine detailing!

Heinz Nordhoff
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
volkaholic1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

Falcon update, i wanted a "princess leia slave girl" got to have 1 of those! every guy my age remembers her in "Return of the Jedi" i got some nude female figures 3D printed from the Ukranine, but dont worry, i painted clothes on her, no need to get upset. The costume is not exact, but i had fun with it, lots of gold and red, i think it turned out nice, i did both 1:24 scale (for some other model later) and 1:72 scale for the falcon build. She can sit on a penny!

she looks good coming and going

jack1448
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

Nice job on the Falcon, love all the bits you’ve added … but wasn’t Princess Leia white?

I don’t remember the metal bikini being quite as revealing in the movie as your scale model. On the other hand, Carrie Fisher did say that it was so poor fitting that Boba Fett “could see all the way to Florida” - so maybe it depends on your point of view. Laughing
volkaholic1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

princess leia is white, i guess she is just well tanned now in her metal bikini!
volkaholic1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

Millenuium Falcon update -this is a big deal, this is the Turbo Pump, it is the heart and soul of the falcon, it is in the center of the ship. i added a bunch of VW and Porsche parts, put on your reading glasses and see if you can find them,,,,
parts include:
VW bug front bumper
bug fan shroud
generator
dual weber carbs + cross bar linkage
oil bath air cleaner
heater box
1/2 a transaxle
fuchs rim
356 carb
356 fan shroud
356 cylinder head
the Star Wars universe has 4 layers
1- normal space, where you and i live and breath
2 - hyper space (technically a sub space of Overspace) where we can travel vast distances quickly
3 - the Phaser Domain
4 - Dark space, where dark matter and dark energy exist
I mention this because Turbo Pumps are the only devices that can exist in both normal space and the Phaser Domain at the same time, The Turbo Pump takes the radioactive liquid metal fuel from the 5000 gallon storage tank and transfer it to the Phaser Domain.
The advantage of the Phaser Domain is that the laws of physics are very different there, the temperature and pressure of the fuel is raised to levels not possible in normal space, then it is returned to the Turbo Pump and sent directly to the 6 SLE's - (Sub Light Engines)
I will talk about the SLE and the hyper drive when i get them built.

Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

I decided to test out my new portable photo studio. The test subject is a Revell 1/32 scale VW. Most model builders are
familiar with the classic Revell kits in 1/25 scale from the 1960s and 1970s, but not a lot of people know Revell also
offered the Beetle in 1/32 scale snap-together form. The original kit is H-1247 from 1970. It was reissued in 1974 with
a new box as H-1106.

This kit is exactly as it comes out of the box with a little detailing. A neat feature of this kit is press-in redline-striped tires.

Heinz Nordhoff
volkaholic1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

yeah, i dig those red lines tires!
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

More fun with my new photo studio.

MPC Zinger Super Volks VW.

Heinz Nordhoff
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

can we have a photo of your photo booth please? it seems to be effective

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

PM sent.

Heinz Nordhoff
Herbie3Rivers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

Blue Baron wrote:
I decided to test out my new portable photo studio. The test subject is a Revell 1/32 scale VW. Most model builders are
familiar with the classic Revell kits in 1/25 scale from the 1960s and 1970s, but not a lot of people know Revell also
offered the Beetle in 1/32 scale snap-together form. The original kit is H-1247 from 1970. It was reissued in 1974 with
a new box as H-1106.

This kit is exactly as it comes out of the box with a little detailing. A neat feature of this kit is press-in redline-striped tires.

And the kit's still available from Revell Germany today.

2010 New Beetle Final Edition
2009 Ford Mustang Bullitt
1999 New Beetle GLS
1983 Mercedes 300D
1974 Karmann Ghia
1972 Super Beetle
1970 Beetle Sunroof
1959 Original Herbie #6
1956 Oval

Three Rvers VW Club

Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix

Visit Herbie the Love Bug at LoveBugFans.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

Good to see you 3Rivers!

Yes, it was reissued several years ago, molded in white. The redlines are whitewalls!

Heinz Nordhoff
volkaholic1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

milllenium falcon update, got a vw emblem in the engine room and soem porsche 356 transaxes in storage,,,,,fun time

falcon update, i added han solo frozen in carbonite in hold #2,
engine room is packed, with 6 SLE, (sub light engines), and the FTL (faster than light) engine, note engine 6 has some damage, still running but burnt black,
red line at the SLE exhaust is the "afterburner" injection system for extra power, works great but burns fuel fast, so use is limited to emergency only
note FTL engine as a green metallic VW emblem on the right side
note that stuff is even stored here, including several crates, drums, and 4 porsche 356 transaxles.

slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

My latest little creation. 1941 Kubelwagen in Panzergrau from Tamiya. Fun little kit

volkaholic1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: VW model build topic Reply with quote

nice, i like it!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Jump to:
Page 45 of 60

Jump to: