Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Weber IDF Rebuild Kit
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bw65vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject: Weber IDF Rebuild Kit Reply with quote

I bought 2 Weber IDF rebuild kits from CB Performance that UPS lost. Called them to get them to send replacements and they were sold out so gave me a refund. I then ordered from Redline thinking they should be best quality, but I am not impressed. First I was surprised they didn't include a filter at all so I ordered those separate later to find they are solid plastic now instead of the metal mesh. Now I am wondering if others run this filter or not? I am running an electric fuel pump with a filter between it and the tank.

Also the old needle valve was metal and the new one has a rubber tip. I assume the rubber may seal better but may break down over time. Which do you guys prefer?

My main disappointment was the overall poor alignment of the cutouts on the gaskets. See the pics below.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Paul Jr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Weber IDF Rebuild Kit Reply with quote

I haven’t used that type in a Webber yet but have learned to deal with them while cleaning and tuning carbs from Japanese motorcycles.

At first sometimes I would have an issue trying to get them to seal and stop flow. They would just not for some reason stop flow. Then one day I was told by an older man at the bike shop to simply use a small bit of polish on the seat itself before installing and I haven’t had an issue since.
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Weber IDF Rebuild Kit Reply with quote

The viton tip needle valve isn't entirely a bad thing but it may need a slightly different float setting to have the same fuel level.

I expect Eurocarb would have whatever parts you want.
Dale M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Weber IDF Rebuild Kit Reply with quote

Might check with site below to see if they have better brand of kits...

https://www.piercemanifolds.com/category_s/296.htm

https://www.piercemanifolds.com/category_s/29.htm

"Kellison Sand Piper Roadster" For Street & Show.
"Joe Pody Sandrover" Buggy with 2180 for Autocross (Sold)
============================================================
All suggestions and advice are purely my own opinion. You are free to ignore them if you wish ...
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Weber IDF Rebuild Kit Reply with quote

Your not going to find a kit with all the gaskets perfectly lining up. No one will spend the money for one to be made. Like Dale mentioned, I would get kits from Pierce Manifolds. I would also ditch the viton tip needles. The only set I tried lasted a couple of years before the ethanol ate the glue, and the tip came off, flooding that side. Pretty sure Pierce has the kits available with the brass needles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bw65vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Weber IDF Rebuild Kit Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I didn't come across the Pierce website until I had to order some springs and the filters. I may try some of their gaskets and needles also to see if they are better. From the photos they at least look like cleaner/smoother cuts on the gaskets.

Yeah from what I have read the viton has mixed reviews. Sounds like it can be susceptible to breakdown with bad fuel.
udidwht
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Weber IDF Rebuild Kit Reply with quote

Have never had the viton tip/s come off. What wears first? The accelerator pump diaphragm/s after ~ 10 years of service.
71mm Stroke
73 Web Cam w/Web solids
Dual 40mm IDF Webers - LM-2 - 47.5 idles/125 mains/190 air corr./F11 tubes/28mm Vents - Float height 10.45mm/Drop 32mm
Bosch SVDA w/Pertronix module (7.5 initial 28 total @ 3400rpm)
Bosch W8CC plugs
Pertronix Flamethrower 40K coil
S&S 4-1 w/Walker QP 17862
3 rib 002 Trans
185R14 Hankook tires
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: