Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Dubs in the Shrubs - May 21 & May 22, 2022 - 7th Annual
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:01 am    Post subject: Dubs in the Shrubs - May 21 & May 22, 2022 - 7th Annual Reply with quote

Dubs in the Shrubs - May 21 & May 22, 2022
7th Annual Campout/Car Show/Swap Meet

Hosted by the Old School Euros Car Club (OSECC)
Levittown PA Chapter - Vintage VW Club of America (VVWCA)

Dubs in the Shrubs is a 2 day air-cooled vehicle event for Air-cooled vehicles and Vanagons only.

When: May 21 & May 22, 2022

Where: Tall Cedars Picnic Grove, 245 Sawmill Rd., Hamilton, NJ 08620
*** NOTE: NEW LOCATION is about 3 miles from previous.

*** IMPORTANT: Dogs are prohibited at this event per requirement of venue. You will be turned away.

Public Donations and Beverage donations go to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

Day One (Campout, optional) – Saturday, May 21

Camping starting at 3 p.m. on May 21 and the gates will close at 9 p.m.
There will be a DJ and fire pit near the camping area. We will have a movie night. An award will be issued for "Best VW Campsite Display". T

Day Two (Car Show/Swap Meet/Vendors) – Sunday, May 22
Air-cooled vehicles and Vanagons only.
Gates open at 8:00 a.m.
(New) All campers who are showing must be moved to the car show area. Campers not showing can remain in place in designated camping area.
All vendors will need to be set up ASAP so all the swap meet people can come in and set-up.
There will be car show awards for the Top 3 vehicles in 8 classes, OSECC Choice, and four specialty awards.
There will be a DJ, food vendors and a Kid’s Car Show.

Day Two (Kid's Car Show) - Sunday, May 22
FREE TO ENTER
If your child enjoys going to the car shows with mom and dad why not get them involved bring their power wheels, pedal cars, push cars or even a custom wagon and enter it in their own little show and make them feel proud (please do not drive around the show cars and disconnect the battery in the power wheels once in the show area). Awards will be given,

Car show will start at 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., registration closed at 12:30 p.m.
Awards at 3 p.m. (kids show same schedule).

Camping: Adults camping: $10, (Children under 12 are free)
Show Cars: Day of $20 per car
Swap Meet: Day of $20 per space
Vendors: Day of $20 per space (Please, no other Empi distributors)
Spectators: $1 donation to the St. Judes Children’s Research Hospital

Contact Information:
Facebook: @Oldschooleuroscc
Old School Euro's Car Club and
2021 Dubs in the Shrubs Campout & Car Show

Email: [email protected].

Also follow us on Samba.com/VW/Forum.
vwible
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Dubs in the Shrubs - May 21 & May 22, 2022 - 7th Annual Reply with quote

Show and camping coming up soon!

The new location is only a few miles from previous and has plenty of room.

Campers who are not showing in the Sunday show can remain in place, rather than move out early as in prior years.

Important...
Pets are not allowed on the grounds. Support animals welcome.
56bugdan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Dubs in the Shrubs - May 21 & May 22, 2022 - 7th Annual Reply with quote

We’re looking forward to this event once again and I’ll be trying to get there by 0800-0830 but I have a long drive and family to get moving in the morning. Think I’m gonna bring my CB blow through turbo setup with Italian 40mm Dellortos, so if you’re looking for a turbo setup I’ll have it. Also gonna bring an NOS oval window convertible back window frame with original wood. I also have a 1958 Porsche 356 engine that’s a good running engine but i dropped one of the carbs while rebuilding and broke the flange but I’ll try to set up my Weber’s to get it running right. Also have a 67 912 long block that needs one cylinder due to a crack. It also ran before I discovered the bad cylinder. Trying to clean out a lot of stuff that my father and I collected since around 1987. Unfortunately he passed in 2019 and there’s no way I can finish all that we started. Were now planning on moving south in September and I can’t take it all with me. I’m gonna bring what I can to the show but I’ll likely be working alone so if you’re interested in something just PM me. Really looking forward to the show and hope to see lots of people and cars. Hope this post is allowed but I’ll pull it if it shouldn’t be here.
oscarsnapkin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Dubs in the Shrubs - May 21 & May 22, 2022 - 7th Annual Reply with quote

Anyone bringing Thing specific parts to sell? Looking for an AM code Thing engine case and pretty much anything else Thing related. See you there.

"It’s so easy to laugh, it’s so easy to hate, it takes strength to be gentle and kind."
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: