Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1962 Bus for fun
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 1962 Bus for fun Reply with quote

This would go well with Nitrous and a visit to the dentist
vwuguy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 1962 Bus for fun Reply with quote

that was the way i used to open it for a year but just fixed that i'll get you a video update cheers! its just a storage shed so no worries
vwuguy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: 1962 Bus for fun Reply with quote

got some new wheels and the correct year 15 inch rims back on it from 62.. its been missing those for a while..

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

all the way from the yukon looks good thanks

a friend got me this 62 only gas guage for my bus.. to fill that missing hole

thanks

vwuguy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 1962 Bus for fun Reply with quote

Link

vwuguy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 1962 Bus for fun Reply with quote

Link

vwuguy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 1962 Bus for fun Reply with quote

Link

vwuguy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 1962 Bus for fun Reply with quote

Link

vwuguy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: 1962 Bus for fun Reply with quote

Link

hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 1962 Bus for fun Reply with quote

it's back again.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2553367
1962 11 window kombi volksart shed movie prop Price: $25000obo

ad text:
1962 vw bus volksart
This 1962 bus is a unique piece of volksart created by erb smith. His name is Jerry! Jerry is designed to be used as a movie prop, shelter, camper or storage shed. Jerry has no brakes and is not roadworthy without a full rotiserie restoration. He sports some deadhead stickers and is a true ontario deadhead!
Jerry is the movie star on my youtube chanel and could be the movie star on your youtube chanel.
Jerry is an old barn/field find as you may desire for your youtube chanel and still sports the proper look for a barn field find short or movie, from what i can tell I was told been sitting since 1971
The front floor has been replaced, the rear floor has been replaced , new inner and outer rocker panels , new jackpoints,new crossmembers,new battery trays welded in.
Jerry is in fair shape, steers. includes an older rebuilt 1962 original 40hp motor that i believe to be original .Had it running on the bench runs ok.
If you put some brakes and electrical work and engine in you could make it a farm vehicle or field car.
Jerry is a really unique bus and we had a great time together and He has great patina! Ready for his next adventure!
Make this bus part of your garden landscape ,use it as art or a storage cabin, a bunkie, or just to say you have a splitwindow bus or make it your shasta rig
pretty cool piece of volksart availabe in ontario

TaKING OFFERS $25000 CANADIAN OR BETTER
pick up only
accept cash or registered bank cheque
It sports a 1972 westy zbed and rear facing seat

thanks
Have a Grateful Day!

Have more pics upon request or stop by to see it in person!
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:20 am    Post subject: Re: 1962 Bus for fun Reply with quote

Why did he list it in the bus parts classifieds?

hazetguy wrote:
it's back again.

ad text:
1962 vw bus volksart
This 1962 bus is a unique piece of volksart created by erb smith. His name is Jerry! Jerry is designed to be used as a movie prop, shelter, camper or storage shed. Jerry has no brakes and is not roadworthy without a full rotiserie restoration. He sports some deadhead stickers and is a true ontario deadhead!
Jerry is the movie star on my youtube chanel and could be the movie star on your youtube chanel.
Jerry is an old barn/field find as you may desire for your youtube chanel and still sports the proper look for a barn field find short or movie, from what i can tell I was told been sitting since 1971
The front floor has been replaced, the rear floor has been replaced , new inner and outer rocker panels , new jackpoints,new crossmembers,new battery trays welded in.
Jerry is in fair shape, steers. includes an older rebuilt 1962 original 40hp motor that i believe to be original .Had it running on the bench runs ok.
If you put some brakes and electrical work and engine in you could make it a farm vehicle or field car.
Jerry is a really unique bus and we had a great time together and He has great patina! Ready for his next adventure!
Make this bus part of your garden landscape ,use it as art or a storage cabin, a bunkie, or just to say you have a splitwindow bus or make it your shasta rig

pick up only

thanks
Have a Grateful Day!

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AS350driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: 1962 Bus for fun Reply with quote

LAGrunthaner wrote:
Why did he list it in the bus parts classifieds?

hazetguy wrote:
it's back again.

ad text:
1962 vw bus volksart

pick up only

thanks
Have a Grateful Day!

There had been some criticism/safety concerns from other posters that he’d sell it as a roadworthy bus. Not sure why there’s any more concern over this one than any other rusty bus on here, but that’s probably why he put it on parts.
vwuguy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: 1962 Bus for fun Reply with quote

updates on this bus..
Jerry has new metal front and rear floors in, new front fenders ,doors open and close and are metal, new metal lower nose, new metal inner and outer rocker panels, new crossmembers ,jack points are new metal, this bus is in pretty good shape compared to other busses on here. It still will need work if someone was to restore it. I did take quite a bit of attention to detail to maintain it looking like a rusty bus when really everythings is slowly becoming new.
It makes a great storage shed though ..or garage art or lawn art, very interesting piece of metal volksart

There has been way worse condition busses put back on the road. Many other vehicles more current vehicles are driving around town with no floors and no rocker panels and seen trucks driving that have giant holes in the side wondering why a bus should be different than anything else!
Why does it have to be like new? Since you think so.

The frame is pretty much all new metal on this bus, I'm sure in other places of the world someone would put brakes in it and it be there daily driver!

Thanks something to think about!
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 1962 Bus for fun Reply with quote

vwuguy wrote:
updates on this bus..
Jerry has new metal front and rear floors in, new front fenders ,doors open and close and are metal, new metal lower nose, new metal inner and outer rocker panels, new crossmembers ,jack points are new metal, this bus is in pretty good shape compared to other busses on here. It still will need work if someone was to restore it. I did take quite a bit of attention to detail to maintain it looking like a rusty bus when really everythings is slowly becoming new.

The frame is pretty much all new metal on this bus, I'm sure in other places of the world someone would put brakes in it and it be there daily driver!

there might be a lot of new metal, but unfortunately, you were the one who did the "welding".
all one has to do is scroll through this thread to see the results of your "attention to detail".

vwuguy wrote:
todays progress welded in these inner pieces for the crossmember gonna tackle the front rust at a later date once i can move the bus and put it on jacks..

this pretty much sums it up:
sled wrote:
and an absolute disaster. This bus should never be driven on public roads.

AS350driver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:52 am    Post subject: Re: 1962 Bus for fun Reply with quote

hazetguy wrote:
vwuguy wrote:
updates on this bus..

there might be a lot of new metal, but unfortunately, you were the one who did the "welding".
all one has to do is scroll through this thread to see the results of your "attention to detail".

vwuguy wrote:
todays progress welded in these inner pieces for the crossmember gonna tackle the front rust at a later date once i can move the bus and put it on jacks..

this pretty much sums it up:
sled wrote:
and an absolute disaster. This bus should never be driven on public roads.

This is true of many of the buses here and in the classifieds. I’ve also seen a few buses at shows and camp outs with wood used to replace rusted out inner rockers, outriggers, crossmembers, floors, frame rails (!) and pillars. And that wood is sometimes already showing signs of dry rot and water damage.
vwuguy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: 1962 Bus for fun Reply with quote

That is a pretty old pic i didn't update this thread in a while the frame has a lot more new metal on it since then. A lot of the old stuff has been cut out and replaced with new oem or aftermarket metal. Hazetguy or as350driver Your welcome to stop by for a coffee and take a look at Jerry if you want then you can give it some proper criticism or praise since its another bus back together or make an offer on it to purchase it.
Thanks have a great week!
Birdmanhere
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: 1962 Bus for fun Reply with quote

For all those that missed their chance to own this gem,
Back for sale for another round!
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/cambridge/196...ios_social
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwuguy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 1962 Bus for fun Reply with quote

makes great firewood shed https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2586439
and bunky
vwuguy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: 1962 Bus for fun Reply with quote

Link

vwuguy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: 1962 Bus for fun Reply with quote

Link

Link

vwuguy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: 1962 Bus for fun Reply with quote

Link

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: