Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Lifter bore machine work
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:35 pm    Post subject: Lifter bore machine work Reply with quote

Who/ what shop ...can do lifter bore sleeves for the use of the 356 lifters with the 356 3 piece camshaft in the 36hp case .....
esde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Lifter bore machine work Reply with quote

I would start by talking to the people at Blackline Racing in Ut
Slow-N-Rusty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Lifter bore machine work Reply with quote

Brothers Machine Shop in Ontario is close to you and they do list lifter bore sleeving as one of their services (not specifically for 356 lifters but they might be equipped to set you up).

http://www.brothersvwmachineshop.com
74 Thing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Lifter bore machine work Reply with quote

Contact Rocky Jennings as well, but you should be able to find someone local too

https://rockyjennings.com/
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php...ton=Search
TomSimon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Lifter bore machine work Reply with quote

https://olliesengineering.com/

They machine Porsche 356 cases, which are very similar to 36hp.

They've done a lot of work on Ronnie's 36hp VW Bonneville engine
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Lifter bore machine work Reply with quote

TomSimon wrote:
https://olliesengineering.com/

They machine Porsche 356 cases, which are very similar to 36hp.

They've done a lot of work on Ronnie's 36hp VW Bonneville engine

I've just sent them an email 🤞👍 let's see if they email me back ..I've emailed and even called brothersvw no answer or email was sent back even emailed blackline nothing ether....I just have bad luck I guess ...
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Lifter bore machine work Reply with quote

Sooo this is the email I just got ....

Jerry,

Sorry we are not setup to work on the VW cases anymore, all of our jigs for those cases are long gone.

Ollie's Engineering
1080 Aviation Dr. Suite B100
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86404
(928) 855-6101 Fax (928) 855-6134
[email protected]
Monday - Friday 7:00am to 3:30pm
RWK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Lifter bore machine work Reply with quote

What's involved in it? Just boring oversize then new bushings to fit the under-size lifters? PM me, I may be able to help.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

62 Type 241-378 025 178 530
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Lifter bore machine work Reply with quote

It’s not that easy
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Lifter bore machine work Reply with quote

Most of those post "356 lifters in a 36hp "are talking about using the stock 36hp cam with the porsche lifters which won't work ...now with the porsche 356 3 piece camshaft it's a different story the porsche 356cam lobes are wider so that fixes the cam lobe separation ..I believe the lifter bore has to bored at the right angle to work ...which I'm not a machinist which I don't know what angle .. I heard at a 90* but 100 %not sure if that's correct maybe it is ...
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: Lifter bore machine work Reply with quote

Has NOTHING to do with the width of the lobe. How did you come up with that as even being a factor?!? Never mind. Do what ever you want. I will not respond to further comments.
Ciao! Very Happy
TomSimon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Lifter bore machine work Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
Sooo this is the email I just got ....
Jerry,
Sorry we are not setup to work on the VW cases anymore, all of our jigs for those cases are long gone.

Justin and Shayla at Blackline at their new location. They moved from the old location in Salt Lake, the shop they purchased from Art Thraen, relocating to a shop they built on their property in Blackfoot ID. Good quality, fair prices, honest as a day is long, genuine good folks!

They have a Rottler case machine (for T1) a lot of vw specific equipment, a bridgeport and a lathe, skills and knowledge.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: