Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2656, 2657, 2658 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dewayne Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

No offense to the advertiser, but I this made me spit out my coffee from laughing...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2514369

Drive 'em if ya got 'em, and don't brag if you didn't do the work yourself...

'64 SO34
'60 SO23
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Dewayne wrote:
No offense to the advertiser, but I this made me spit out my coffee from laughing...

To be fair, I've seen this bus in person and know the advertiser. He did this against his better judgement - the original customer wanted this style. Unfortunately, that person bailed and left the builder high and dry. Sucks, because this is really well done, just ugly as crap.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

peecee69 wrote:
Dewayne wrote:

To be fair, I've seen this bus in person and know the advertiser. He did this against his better judgement - the original customer wanted this style. Unfortunately, that person bailed and left the builder high and dry. Sucks, because this is really well done, just ugly as crap.
the builder should have got a huge deposit on kustoms werk like that......
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
peecee69 wrote:
Dewayne wrote:

the builder should have got a huge deposit on kustoms werk like that......

No doubt. The other noteworthy comment in that ad is that the white interior panels are gone. Who the heck would put those in a bus?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
FarmerBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Kind of looks like the inside of a cheese grater.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

But yeah, that can't be cheap. I took an upholstery class a couple years back and that's a lot of work, and in vinyl you only get one shot. You can't go back and pull stitches.
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

FarmerBill wrote:

Kind of looks like it has the plague.

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Imagine doing some source of DNA testing on that….ewwweee creepy.

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

FarmerBill wrote:

Sheesh. How long have you had that photo waiting to find a use for it. Perfect.
gondiwindi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Looks like a padded cell!! The kind of place where the seller will find his future buyer.
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I don't even want to know what of drugs you have to be on to imagine and execute that kind of interior. Maybe huffing gas or gold paint? Truly disturbing.
Riff Raff
Shivering Sambian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Maybe erb can put it in his "62 bus for fun"?
cbaucom1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

BarryL wrote:
FarmerBill wrote:

What is the story on that cheese grater photo?
FarmerBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

cbaucom1 wrote:
BarryL wrote:
FarmerBill wrote:

What is the story on that cheese grater photo?

There's a joke making the rounds on social media that a lot of music videos from the early 2000s look like they were shot inside a cheese grater. I thought this bus also looked like the inside of a cheese grater, or maybe the front door from PeeWee's Playhouse. I just found the picture on the internet. Very Happy
earlywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Riff Raff wrote:
Maybe erb can put it in his "62 bus for fun"?

That would look nice as an interior for a garden shed.
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I dig american diner vinyl. Just not that much of it.

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

FarmerBill wrote:

But yeah, that can't be cheap. I took an upholstery class a couple years back and that's a lot of work, and in vinyl you only get one shot. You can't go back and pull stitches.

I imagine leaving your weewee hanging out in either of those places would result in the need of the same antibiotics.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
twistedbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Haven't posted on thesamba in years, i see not much has changed Laughing
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I don't think the patina/rat Rodders would even want these. Since the screws wouldn't even come out to remove them from the bus.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2515033
Patiently Impatient
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Wow…

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2514893
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Patiently Impatient wrote:
Wow…

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2514893

Since it says Pending now, it was listed for $4500
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2656, 2657, 2658 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2657 of 2710

Jump to: