Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

New to forums, 67 Headlight Adjusting Screws
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hobthebob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject: New to forums, 67 Headlight Adjusting Screws Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Hey All,

Anyone know where I can get adjustment screws for that year beetle headlights? I saw some OEM german ones that were obviously picked off some classic cars from the 60's and 70's on ebay at 2 for 10, but I thought something newer and less expensive could do the same job better.

I have a 67 Beetle, purchased a few months back and have been slowly making it my own. I'll share some pics at some point, since I spend a lot of time on these forums browsing. It's a solid driver whose owner loved it but basically didn't drive for the last 2 years. Needless to say in Florida, many rubber bits have been in need of replacement. I replaced all the ball joints, a couple of the vacuum plugs were bad on my carb, and replaced the headlights, replaced the bumpers, changed the engine oil, transaxle oil, and am in the process of doing the rear brakes/wheel cylinders. The car actually has a mexican engine with AC, that was put in back when those engines were still being built and purchased new straight from Mexico. It's cool, but it makes a humming sound like a pulsation or something like clockwork, I think the cooling fan is rubbing or something. Has plenty of power, and runs very smoothly now that I figured out what was causing it to randomly stall out (turned out to be the vacuum plugs were letting air in and gasoline out!)

Anyway, since getting the car one of the things I did was to get LED headlights on that puppy. I left for a car show 5 hours away at 5am, and needed to see.

Unfortunately while doing the work, the adjustment screws seem to be stripping the little blocks they screw into, and it'd be good for my peace of mind to have new ones. Any ideas on where?
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: New to forums, 67 Headlight Adjusting Screws Reply with quote

Post a want-to-buy (WTB) ad in the classifieds in the appropriate category, and you'll get offers. Or PM/email those you see selling lots of similar parts.

Last edited by KTPhil on Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
empi3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: New to forums, 67 Headlight Adjusting Screws Reply with quote

Is this what your looking for?

https://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=311941195

Steven

1970 Beetle
1956 Ragtop Beetle
hobthebob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: New to forums, 67 Headlight Adjusting Screws Reply with quote

Yes! Thank you Steven!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: