Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

yuli97 - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: yuli97
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: May 04, 2023
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:55 am    Post subject: yuli97 - [email protected] Reply with quote

New vendor of reproduction parts on the site:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=yuli97

Several people have asked me if this person is legitimate.

I don't know but he he has stated he's in S. CA and supplies several shops there with parts as well as going to most S. CA shows.

His ads are actually posted from Colombia.

If anyone has purchased from this user or has feedback, please post information for others to reference.

Thank you.

Update:
I have received some information that indicates this person may not be able to deliver these parts or may have a very limited supply of them with no way to re-supply from the actual manufacturer.

I have also been told that their claims of providing other shops or companies are false.
This is direct from one company they claimed to supply with parts.

Buyer beware at this time.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vaughan James
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: yuli97 - [email protected] Reply with quote

All,

I just received my fender cable conduits I ordered from Yuli on 2-4-22. Shortly after paying, via Paypal, I received tracking information from him. He also shipped just three days (2-7-22) after I sent my payment.

Product had to come from Columbia and go through customs but still made it to me in just a little over two weeks (with President's Day holiday in the mix).

I found his communications timely, accurate, and professional. I would not hesitate to order from him again. I just wanted to get my experience out there to help anyone in doubt about his authenticity.

Thank you Yuli!

James Vaughan
Florence, Kentucky
LEPOYET
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: yuli97 - [email protected] Reply with quote

I ordered from Yuli on 2-23-22. Shortly after paying, via Paypal (with insurance) , I received DHL tracking information from him and some photos from the parcel ready to be send. He also shipped just one day after I sent my payment !

Product will come from Columbia to France but I will wait my tail lights patiently ! Excellent communications and quick answer. Me too I would not hesitate to order again.

Expect this good experience will help anyone in doubt about this seller

Jean Marie Delyon
France
Ducatista
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: yuli97 - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought a pair of split tail lights, he drove a long distance to deliver the lights personally…..doesn’t get better than that.
Happy with the quality.
Dan14
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: yuli97 - [email protected] Reply with quote

I just order fender cable tube conduits from Yuli and he responded immediately and within a day had the package in the mail with tracking information. He was easy to deal with and I would again.
soupcups Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: yuli97 - [email protected] Reply with quote

I was skeptical at first but after emailing with Yuli all of my questions and requests I am very pleased. Yuli responds very quickly and thoroughly with pics of his products. I have to say that his sheet metal parts are some of the best repro pieces I have seen. Thick 20 ga or better metal and very correct for the year I bought for. I purchased a left front replacement, a 3 finger front apron, and a wheel well replacement piece. All look extremely well made and looking forward to a near perfect fit. It was shipped and received within days of ordering the parts all the way from Columbia. Stampings on all pieces look great. I am very impressed and will be ordering more parts with great confidence in his work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
woody2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: yuli97 - [email protected] Reply with quote

I recently purchased a few items and was very pleased. Everything is of good quality and fits as it should. Communication was excellent and shipping was fast.
sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: yuli97 - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a set of heart tail light bulb holders from him

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2517531

They are completely unusable. See my thread here, scroll to the bottom.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726892&start=520

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

On April 25 I sent him an email requesting my money back and to pay for shipping to return them. I have not heard back. My experience with these parts is bad, they are unuseable and the vendor is unresponsive. I cannot recommend either.

Don
Larry of v-dub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: yuli97 - [email protected] Reply with quote

Hello, be where of this company, I purchased a pair of egg tail light bulb holder's that don't fit at all very bad and also purchased a pair of chrome bezel that were not chrome at all just plain steel stamping was bad ,this advertiser sells out of California but shipps out of Columbia sent the parts back I had to pay shipping again back to Columbia it's been almost 3 months still have not received a refund out the the money an shipping twice very bad experience out of 250 dollars
markendee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: yuli97 - [email protected] Reply with quote

Purchased a pair of bulb holders for my Heart Tail lights from this person.

Just after sending payment I discovered Sunroofs post descibing them as useless.

Emailed Yuli97 who said Sunroof didn't know what he was doing and that the holders are fine.

Received them, total rubbish. Not one part of them is well made. They look like a school childs art project - junk.

Not Sunroof who doesn't know what he is doing.

I emailed Yuli and received a rude reply. Real class act.

I have spent today trying anything and everything I could think of to make them fit - no chance of that.

My background is I am a qualified Aircraft Mechanic and have owned a Honda Motorcycle Dealership for 26 and a half years - in that time we have repaired and serviced thousands of machines and always managed to get the job done.

I have restored other vehicles and homebuilt my own light aircraft.

Be very very wary of this seller. There is no way he could not know these holders are rubbish.

I will not send them back as he has stated it would be at my cost and I have lost enough time and money already. ($274.11 Australian plus a full days work)

I very much doubt that I would receive a refund based on the rudeness of his email.

Also I don't want some other poor trusting soul to receive these pieces of junk.

Very disappointed indeed.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
markendee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: yuli97 - [email protected] Reply with quote

Follow up of my experience with Yuli97.

Purchased a pair of heart tail light bulb holders that once received have proved to be unusable.

I wrote to Yuli97 and received a very rude reply stating:-

"To talk about our feedback, we sold our parts to many recognized shops in California, we go very often to Shows and if you go into thesamba.com and you search for heart tail light bulbholders our bulbholders are being resold by Kaefer-nostalgie another company Who distributes our parts but in double the Real price"

So I wrote to Kaefer-nostalgie (sic – Yuli did not capitalise in N) to enquire if he did in reality supply Kaefer-Nostalgie.

I received a reply from Walter Santoni of Kaefer-Nostalgie today stating:-

“Sir, we are Kaefer Nostalgie, nobody provides us…

Sorry, but I don’t know what are you talking about.

Thank you”

In my opinion I think this tells the true story about the integrity of this seller.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: yuli97 - [email protected] Reply with quote

I don't know if it's true but I have been told by more than one person/seller of similar products they copied the products of other manufacturers.
They do not provide them with products.

I do not know if the copies are exact, the feedback posts in this thread can reflect the quality.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
markendee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: yuli97 - [email protected] Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
I don't know if it's true but I have been told by more than one person/seller of similar products they copied the products of other manufacturers.
They do not provide them with products.

I do not know if the copies are exact, the feedback posts in this thread can reflect the quality.

Sounds like it most likely could be true Everett.

Very sad state of affairs.
John Saranto M.D.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: yuli97 - [email protected] Reply with quote

This vendor is in Colombia. They provided rear apron and corresponding inner valence. communication was excellent, delivery was timely, and the parts were correct.
I give them a very good recommendation and will continue to patronize.
Mr. Tecism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: yuli97 - [email protected] Reply with quote

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄NUMBER 1 ALL THE WAY▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
vandal1200
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: yuli97 - [email protected] Reply with quote

I ordered a spare tire floor section (late oval until 67) for my Beetle. Yuli97 confirmed the order within 24 hours and always answered any questions in a timely manner when asked. I received the parcel via DHL within 2-weeks time of my order. I live in Los Angeles, CA, which wasn't too long of a wait and surprisingly quick. The part was protected and packaged well. Initial inspection of the part was impressive. It was well made and measured .048" on my dial calipers (18 gauge mild steel). The stamping was identical to original and the panel aligned nicely to the front apron. Like others, I was skeptical at first, but, in all, Yuli97 surprised me and was very professional. Yuli, I apologize for prejudging you and look forward to future transactions. I hope he expands his business by adding additional Beetle panels and years. Thank you for your honest business and quality part Yuli97. Keep up the good work. Cool
naughtyG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: yuli97 - [email protected] Reply with quote

I ordered some metal panels to Yuli and received the parts today.

Those panels were supposed to fit a 1966 bug and all pictures were matching what I needed.

PROBLEM is I receieved something quite different.

I can assure that the pictures are not from his parts, for sure.

The panels I received :

The Spare wheel well :

- It is not for the appropriate year and is for an oval.
- The piece is too short to fit the car
- some pieces of steel are torn on the opposite
- many many shots of hammer
- water holes missing.

The front apron for 61 to 66 :

- some shapes are wrong compared to an original
- the picture on your advert is not what I received and is from another product
- Many shots of hammer
- the 2 holes for the bumpers are not even made
- the 2 holes for the cable opener have the wrong shaped and way too big
- the slots have the wrong shape.

the gauge of the panel is good, but that's all. The shape of a lower quality repro is better ...

and an original

And the advert picture that is now removed from thesamba. Definitly not what I ordered and what I received

I put a claim on paypal and I don't recommend those parts are nothing match.
Let see how Yuli97 will handle the situation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
naughtyG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: yuli97 - [email protected] Reply with quote

Here is the seller answer :

My parts are very well known in all Europe and USA for quality fitment thikness respecting all the Original features and no one in this restoratuion world has complaints about. one thing is that you do not like the part and another very different thing is that really my parts are useless. i will not lose my parts and i will not lose my money. if you want your money back i have to receive my parts back into my address and after being received and after an inspection we will provide you your money back less a 20% restocking fee. Return shipment has to be paid by buyer NO EXCEPTIONS. Part sent is the same as the one in pubblished pictures and you cannot compare my parts with another from second hand that is not original. my thesamba advertisings are temporary disabled for image logo and pictures renewal but i still continue in the bussines processing orders to my customers. as you know my thesamba bussiness feedback could be checked in the following link https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=763342&highlight=yulianaavendano314+gmail So being posted here paypal agents can check it and they can se that your post is the only one that speak something bad but otherwise the other postings say good reviews talk good about the quality and no one say opposite comments. Please remember only after you return to me the parts and i make an inspection to see that everithing is OK, in that point i will refund you, you will be charged a restocking fee of 20% from total and shipping cost return has to be paid at buyer's expense NO exceptions allowed. So you want your money back still remaining with my parts? and also if i want my parts back to not lose my merchandise i have to pay for the return? it is unacceptable and i will not change the working rules of my good estabblished bussiness. Before doing this bad thing of a case in paypal exist the respectfull way of dealing with communication messages instead of trying to hurt my honnest name.

He sells wrong parts and use pictures that are different from what he sells.
So it is false advertizing.

BUYER BEWARE, lot's of dishonnesty here.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: yuli97 - [email protected] Reply with quote

Here are the photos from the ad for reference, if you want to point out what is different:

naughtyG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: yuli97 - [email protected] Reply with quote

EverettB,

Thank you for your help on this.
By any chance, if you have some pictures of the advert concerning the spare wheel well he was advertizing, I could show what I received.

Here is a picture of the front apron I received :

- As you can see, the 2 slots on each side for the bumper brackets are missing.
- The surface is really rough with many hammer shots (he sells pieces that are supposed to be die stamped. Here it is hammered and not even smoothened.
- The "fingers" (horizontal and vertical ones) are really ugly in shapes and not stamped. Just hammered and grinded ugly.
- The 6 holes to attached the latch are not pinched but drilled and not even with the good shape.
- The 2 holes on each side where the latch cable goes have the wrong shape and grinded too much.
- The square hole under the latch is 5mm bigger than an original one.
- another detail, the inside of the apron is not primered and rough.

Honnestly, I am really disappointed by the lack of quality. I carefully had a look at the pictures on the advert and what I received is really different.

The only thing that is good is the thickness of material.

And when you point those infos to the seller, you can have a look at his answer. It speaks from itself. BUYER BEWARE.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: