Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

ratlookvw - [email protected] - chadd magee
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 47, 48, 49  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: ratlookvw
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: ratlookvw - [email protected] - chadd magee Reply with quote

Yup, his friend picked up the parts. He was a nice guy, thanks again Chad.
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: ratlookvw - [email protected] - chadd magee Reply with quote

glad I was able to make it happen. this is what the community is all about, love not hate......thanks again! Twisted Evil

Chickensoup wrote:
Yup, his friend picked up the parts. He was a nice guy, thanks again Chad.

57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
reggae33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: ratlookvw - [email protected] - chadd magee Reply with quote

Excellent buyer... Smooth transaction, prompt payment, even handled his own shipping.

Thanks Chadd,

J. Meade
TrevorShin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: ratlookvw - [email protected] - chadd magee Reply with quote

Would forever do business with again.

He has excellent pricing, prompt shipping, and very clean and well packaged parts. Chadd is knowledgeable, informative without being condescending, and super easy to work with. He worked with me and helped me find and source parts for my '67 build.

Something I noticed that I thought should be said. He seems to have an impeccable memory that compliments his customer service. He remembers what you need, what you ordered, and is on the look out for parts that you are searching for. I dont know how he does it.

Thanks Chadd!
GraySpeed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: ratlookvw - [email protected] - chadd magee Reply with quote

If you're looking to buy the silver horn ring in the ad he has posted, don't expect to get the nice one in the photo. I sure didn't. I sent several emails through TheSamba and Paypal to get hold of Chadd and NEVER got any replies from him. Nice way to deal with customers! First and last time I'll deal with Chadd. Buyers beware.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: ratlookvw - [email protected] - chadd magee Reply with quote

GraySpeed wrote:
If you're looking to buy the silver horn ring in the ad he has posted, don't expect to get the nice one in the photo. I sure didn't. I sent several emails through TheSamba and Paypal to get hold of Chadd and NEVER got any replies from him. Nice way to deal with customers! First and last time I'll deal with Chadd. Buyers beware.

first i have heard from you your happy to send it back. hope you have a great rest of your day. chadd
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rumpnisse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: ratlookvw - [email protected] - chadd magee Reply with quote

Great communication and fast response...until the wheels got paid... after that it was delays, and excuses... when they finally turned up very delayed they were not very straight and especially one was a real hack-job and did not hold air, of course the e-mails regarding this has not been replied to...

Link
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: ratlookvw - [email protected] - chadd magee Reply with quote

two wheels out of over a 1000 wheels welded have had this very same problem. sorry for your trouble with this being shipped to sweden. welds are super nice but in this case blew through, it happens, not often but it is possible. wobble in your video is likely the rubber tire, never seen one molded true..... Rolling Eyes $25 weld and your back on the road. simple, simple, simple your quote of 250 euro was not realistic...... p.s. after these wheels are welded there is no way of testing this sort of problem. they would have to be mounted to tires, filled with air, and tested for leaks. since a leak is very rare, no need to check.

rumpnisse wrote:
Great communication and fast response...until the wheels got paid... after that it was delays, and excuses... when they finally turned up very delayed they were not very straight and especially one was a real hack-job and did not hold air, of course the e-mails regarding this has not been replied to...

Link

rumpnisse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: ratlookvw - [email protected] - chadd magee Reply with quote

You can clearly see it was a bad job cutting the centre out of the barrel that caused the leak and if you can´t see this before finish them Rolling Eyes and it was not EUR 250, I said USD 150... The rubber? surley you can see it´s the wheel...
Of course everyone can make a misstake but NOT doing the right thing, no attempt to sort it out or not even bother to reply after is what is really bad... customer service Shame on you
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

ratlookvw wrote:
two wheels out of over a 1000 wheels welded have had this very same problem. sorry for your trouble with this being shipped to sweden. welds are super nice but in this case blew through, it happens, not often but it is possible. wobble in your video is likely the rubber tire, never seen one molded true..... Rolling Eyes $25 weld and your back on the road. simple, simple, simple your quote of 250 euro was not realistic...... p.s. after these wheels are welded there is no way of testing this sort of problem. they would have to be mounted to tires, filled with air, and tested for leaks. since a leak is very rare, no need to check.

rumpnisse wrote:

Link
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:51 am    Post subject: Re: ratlookvw - [email protected] - chadd magee Reply with quote

Well, I had another smooth transaction with Chadd.
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: ratlookvw - [email protected] - chadd magee Reply with quote

Mark Evans wrote:

thank you mark. most of the time people only search out this forum to bitch. really appreciate the business!! Wink chadd
kingcole808
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: ratlookvw - [email protected] - chadd magee Reply with quote

Chadd gave me exactly what I asked for in exactly the condition that I said. You'll get what you agreed to and that's all we ever ask.
I would buy from Chadd again anytime.
TacoBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: ratlookvw - [email protected] - chadd magee Reply with quote

I just bought a German Ghia roof rack from Chadd, not inexpensive, not exactly easy to ship. It came half way across the country very quickly by Fedex, and was exactly as described. I'm very happy with the transaction and wouldn't hesitate to deal with Chadd again.
chuckfoo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: ratlookvw - [email protected] - chadd magee Reply with quote

Tried to purchase a set of early bus flipped spindles and it was a disaster. This would have been my second set from him, since the first transaction went smoothly - second time I was actually scared I’d lost $475 forever but luckily PayPal refunded me.

I don’t think he actually had any in stock. Which makes it difficult to send. I sent him payment, which he then oddly turned around and suggested I owed him more than the price he put on TheSamba. Then after two weeks of not hearing anything from him once he had my payment, I emailed him and didn’t receive a reply. I emailed him again asking for a regular set of spindles - again no reply. I then emailed him a third time asking for a refund, indicating I didn’t want the spindles anymore since two weeks had passed.... again no reply. I submitted a complaint to PayPal, they tried to reach out to him, he didn’t reply and ultimately PayPal refunded my money. It’s been 21 days since I paid Chadd... no efforts to apologize, no hint of any excuses offered, I continue to see him being active on TheSamba, yet there’s clearly zero effort from this guy to own up to any of his peculiar antics or apologize. This seller is hit or miss... I personally will be avoiding at all costs. Now that I’ve posted on here, I’m certain he’ll finally surface... trust me fellas, it’s awkward, uncomfortable, and unnecessary to deal with people who have your money and then ghost.

chuckfoo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: ratlookvw - [email protected] - chadd magee Reply with quote

ratlookvw wrote:
Mark Evans wrote:

thank you mark. most of the time people only search out this forum to bitch. really appreciate the business!! Wink chadd

People only need to bitch when sellers are sketchy af. Don’t be a douche and people won’t bitch - pretty simple. Rolling Eyes
sanhozeezee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: ratlookvw - [email protected] - chadd magee Reply with quote

can anyone tell me if this guy sends shipping info or does he just send it and it shows up at your place? i have a similar experience as chuckfoo where we exchanged emails and i sent him payment early last week. sent 3 or 4 emails since but he's gone completely ghost on me. according to samba he's been back here posting stuff (even updated the for sale ad after my transaction).

i wish i woulda seen this thread before i sent him payment Brick wall
patriot3g
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: ratlookvw - [email protected] - chadd magee Reply with quote

Asked on March 26th if he still had the advertised headlight switch, he sent me a PayPal Request...Paid it on the 27th and he's ghosted me since then. Numerous emails unanswered.

Car is already put back together with a new wiring harness, and a switch from another member...Thanks for nothing, Chad....
dmeffert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: ratlookvw - [email protected] - chadd magee Reply with quote

Just bought a gas cap for my '61. Its really clean and the shipping was fast. Thanks Chadd!
EJZero1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: ratlookvw - [email protected] - chadd magee Reply with quote

Just bought an early split bus rear cargo door mechanism, and a couple interior handles for both cargo doors. Excellent communication, and prompt shipping!

Would certainly recommend!

Thanks, Chadd.
steven wardlaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: ratlookvw - [email protected] - chadd magee Reply with quote

Bought an ignition switch from Chadd for my 62 and could not have been happier. He actually keyed the switch to match my door key for no extra charge. How can you beat that? Thanks again Chadd.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 47, 48, 49  Next
Jump to:
Page 48 of 49

Jump to: