Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Cab Divider Glass Dimensions and position?
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
spqreddie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:20 pm    Post subject: Cab Divider Glass Dimensions and position? Reply with quote

Dear All,
I am tring to build a Cab Divider for my 67 Panel.
I cut a piece of MDF to dimension and i would like now to add the Window in the same posiiton of the original just to make sure i can see something in the rear view mirror!

Would anybody be able to give me the dimension so to cut the panel and the glass accordingly?

Thanks!
Eddie
A=?
B=?
C=?
D=?
E=?
F=?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Cab Divider Glass Dimensions and position? Reply with quote

Best to look thru the "Split Bus FAQ and How Tos - *Read before posting*"
(FAQs = Frequently Asked Questions) at the top of the forum stickies first. Those are a must to go thru often, being the best of the best threads full of info you need to know.

If no luck there, then try the search feature on the left just above the FAQs. Check mark the "Titles Only" box and enter what you are looking for. That way you will get as few results as can be, and focused as much as possible on what you are looking for. If you do not check that box, you can get many many pages of results due to any mention of those words anywhere in each of those threads.

Here is the search results for "cab divider", with that box checked:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/search.php?searc...=titleonly

Once you find a thread that is closest to what you are looking for do post on that thread. That keeps the amount of threads on same subject down to a more manageable amount. Plus you are then directly connecting with the others in that thread that most likely can help with your question.

If you still have no luck with the above, do post a new thread on the subject you have a question about.
mdege
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Cab Divider Glass Dimensions and position? Reply with quote

I have the glass and seal which I won't be using. Let me know if you are interested.

1965 21F: Restoration of a former '65 firetruck
1963 Typ3 Notchback project
1988 Multivan Magnum 112i
1984 Standard: My son wanted a bug for his first car
spqreddie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: Cab Divider Glass Dimensions and position? Reply with quote

Eric&Barb wrote:
Best to look thru the "Split Bus FAQ and How Tos - *Read before posting*"
(FAQs = Frequently Asked Questions) at the top of the forum stickies first. Those are a must to go thru often, being the best of the best threads full of info you need to know.

If no luck there, then try the search feature on the left just above the FAQs. Check mark the "Titles Only" box and enter what you are looking for. That way you will get as few results as can be, and focused as much as possible on what you are looking for. If you do not check that box, you can get many many pages of results due to any mention of those words anywhere in each of those threads.

Here is the search results for "cab divider", with that box checked:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/search.php?searc...=titleonly

Once you find a thread that is closest to what you are looking for do post on that thread. That keeps the amount of threads on same subject down to a more manageable amount. Plus you are then directly connecting with the others in that thread that most likely can help with your question.

If you still have no luck with the above, do post a new thread on the subject you have a question about.

Thank you Eric&Barb, i will try to see if i can find the window location there.
Thanks,
Eddie
spqreddie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: Cab Divider Glass Dimensions and position? Reply with quote

Hello ll,
I was not able to find the cab divider positon.
Can somebody halp and provide it for me?
Thanks!!

I belive it is centered so i would need just the vertical position, A and C.

Best,
Eddie

spqreddie wrote:
Dear All,
I am tring to build a Cab Divider for my 67 Panel.
I cut a piece of MDF to dimension and i would like now to add the Window in the same posiiton of the original just to make sure i can see something in the rear view mirror!

Would anybody be able to give me the dimension so to cut the panel and the glass accordingly?

Thanks!
Eddie
A=?
B=?
C=?
D=?
E=?
F=?
MLockwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Cab Divider Glass Dimensions and position? Reply with quote

Eddie, this is my original cab divider. I obviously can't take out the glass and seal to measure the opening but I can provide your A and C which will go to the edge of the rubber seal.
A - 5 1/4 inches (from the lower edge of the fresh air opening to the seal)
C - 9 7/8 inches (from the bottom to the edge of the rubber seal)
Fyi, the exposed edge of the seal is 5/8".

I thought the same way, the opening for the fresh air duct is 12 1/2 inches long. Cut that in half (6 1/4") and you have your center point. I think having the glass and seal will make this easier to map out. Hope this helps, Mark.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spqreddie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Cab Divider Glass Dimensions and position? Reply with quote

Thank you so much Mark!
this is super useful, and through Mdege above i was able to acquire a glass and gasket; so I should be able to exttrapolate the rest of the dimensions.
When you means edge, i suppose you mean the outer edge i guess, right?
Thanks!
Eddie
MLockwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Cab Divider Glass Dimensions and position? Reply with quote

Yes, you can see from these pics I measured from the edge of the divider to the edge of the rubber seal. Sorry I don't have a metric tape, I'm sure you can convert. Glad to help, Mark

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spqreddie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: Cab Divider Glass Dimensions and position? Reply with quote

Thank you so much Mark!

Very useful for me and i hope for others,
I was not able to find this eleswere in the forum.

Thanks!
Eddie
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: