Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em.....
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2142, 2143, 2144 ... 2181, 2182, 2183  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

I think you need (new) glasses! Laughing

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
Big Bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

This is kinda like a Sex Change operation gone bad...
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Big Bill wrote:

LOL!!! I love this car! Two of my favorite body styles, and they mesh very well!
Benz hubcaps are a nice touch, too!
FarmerBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

I kinda dig this mashup too. I used to run 1980 Mercedes hubcaps that looked very similar on my 99 Tacoma. I"m hoping to find a set of steel Benz rims so I can use them on my 71 bus.
Bunglebus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Big Bill wrote:

I love this, are there any more pictures? I can't work out if it's real or a clever photoshop
Do what you want. Ignore the elitists. Drive your VW. Enjoy life.
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Bungle, it's absolutely genuine! Ghia enthusiast Moogie32 bought numerous pieces from this '63 Ghia about 5 years ago which had a remarkably original interior. She refurbished them and has them in her own '63 Ghia Cabrio. IIRC I don't think she was ever at the car; the parts were sent to her. But if she's here, she can comment and clarify. This one's in her gallery:

"Citromann".

Even though this France-based Citroen DS19 was a very popular car in Europe in the late 1950's thru the '70's, not many were imported/sold in the USA. It was a very advanced vehicle at the time. Here's a photo of how the "entire" vehicle looks.

More photos: https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-citroen-ds-19-why-its-the-ultimate-classic-car-1430501156 The later model DS21 had quad headlamps, enclosed in housings with an aerodynamic cover over them.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Those DS cars were space ships on wheels, so far advanced for decades that followed. Unmatched comfort, too!
vwuberalles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

I love the DS Ghia! My dream car has always been a Citroen DS21. The post-67 style with the active headlights though.
1973 Superbeetle: 1st car, owned since age 12. Update thread --> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9919140#9919140
1967 Kombi: Owned since age 17, Dad's retirement project.
1966 Beetle: My new project. (SOLD) Build thread--> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678040
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Seen at SEMA in 2019. Nicely done custom.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
moogie32
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Rome wrote:
Bungle, it's absolutely genuine! Ghia enthusiast Moogie32 bought numerous pieces from this '63 Ghia about 5 years ago which had a remarkably original interior. She refurbished them and has them in her own '63 Ghia Cabrio. IIRC I don't think she was ever at the car; the parts were sent to her. But if she's here, she can comment and clarify. This one's in her gallery:

Yes, indeed - that's a real car. It's a 1964 and was a low miles example (45K miles is coming to mind), unfortunately parked in a underground garage which leaked. The outside was completely shot but the interior surprisingly pristine and the owner put it up on the Samba for sale about 6 years ago. I installed it in my '63 Ghia and felt lucky to have bought it! Here are some more pictures of it:

and the interior in my car-

Doch leider musst du von uns gehn
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bunglebus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

moogie32 wrote:

Yes, indeed - that's a real car.

Amazing, thank you. There must be a pretty interesting story as to how a Ghia ends up with DS nose, those panels look in much better shape than the rest too
Do what you want. Ignore the elitists. Drive your VW. Enjoy life.
TheVW_twin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

not the best of views but I just did up an engine in what I've dubbed with "bug truck" a 1965 Baja turned flatbed, the flatbed is off atm but soon it'll be all back together and quite cherry if you ask me
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

_twin, before you finish up this engine, you should rotate the generator and its backing plate 1/4 turn to the right. Just remove the big clamp, remove the 4 bolts holding the backing plate to the fan shroud, and rotate. Then reassemble. The gen's backing plate assembly inside the shroud has an air outlet that's supposed to face downward to aid with cooling the gen. As it is now, that slot is facing to the right which is an air "dead end" inside the shroud.
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

looks like a great white to me...

nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect...
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Detai...LrtxeguOno

# 303 and #156

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
babysnakes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Fish wrote:

My gawd man!!!
mcmat66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Fish wrote:

Shocked I guess putting a motor and a paint job on some scrap playground equipment is the only affordable way to be a bus owner these days!?!
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

babysnakes wrote:
Fish wrote:

My gawd man!!!

Indeed, I'd rob a pic from the site to post, but I don't want that anywhere near my gallery.

For those that are curios it's a late Bay panel with windows cut in and installed with surface mount commercial rubber, and it's got one of those fiberglass splitty nose conversions and a bunch of trailer lights on the back to add to the funk.

Lets try a couple links and see if they last long;

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here

Слава Україні!
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

It also is missing engine tin and an air filter. They didn't even finish the dash to the front windows. It is by far the biggest turd I've ever seen.
Does it even run?

# 303 and #156

busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Come on,,,,, why so picky?, at least it doesn't have an 009, or clear distributor cap, although no vacuum hose makes the one there just like one, or less. Bonus points for that racing mod that deletes the air cleaner, those VW's are slow, more HP always helps!

It'll be interesting to see what that pile brings, most BJ buyers have more money than brains, but that example takes auction stupidity to a whole new level, it does check most of the boxes for an auction special. I didn't see "numbers matching" in the description though, that'll bite int the "value".

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here

Слава Україні!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2142, 2143, 2144 ... 2181, 2182, 2183  Next
Jump to:
Page 2143 of 2183

Jump to: