Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Betty White Challenge donate $5.00
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:19 am    Post subject: Betty White Challenge donate $5.00 Reply with quote

Betty White Challenge is ON today. This challenge was designed in honor of her 100th birthday. For those of you who care about the hopeless animals in shelters please donate $5.00 to your favorite animal charity. Many are matching your donation.

My favorites among others are:

Marty’s Place for senior dogs without homes:
https://martysplace.org

Tabby’s Place for ill cats. Saving Cats from Hopeless Situations.
https://www.tabbysplace.org
www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Betty White Challenge donate $5.00 Reply with quote

For $3.00 I'll send you a bumper sticker that says "I speed up for animals".
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Betty White Challenge donate $5.00 Reply with quote

Nothing like a wise guy. Cool

Rich Latsch wrote:
For $3.00 I'll send you a bumper sticker that says "I speed up for animals".

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Betty White Challenge donate $5.00 Reply with quote

Done.

We lost two pets during Covid. One to very old age and one mid age.

Vet was great both times

Last edited by Abscate on Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
60ragtop
Bonneville Belt Bitch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Betty White Challenge donate $5.00 Reply with quote

Donating to my local shelter who provided me with my cat of 8 years who passed away on Friday. RIP Tubby Crying or Very sad
Certified Hunter Wheel Alignment Master Technician 1986

tasb wrote:
I've restored a large number too, but I don't toot my horn quite as loud.

sb001 wrote:
maybe he just snapped cause his car sucked Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Betty White Challenge donate $5.00 Reply with quote

The last three cats we’ve had all came as unwanted, homeless, rescued, etc, If you have a choice look for the animals that are hand raised, they are more bonded to humans. During holidays the city was offering pets fully vaccinated, spayed, neutered and microchipped for 10 bucks, what a deal.

We give directly to the foster mothers that work with the shelter that is trying very hard to remain no kill. The foster mom we know has rescued over a thousand animals in the last 5 years, not a misprint. We had to euthanize our cat of 18 years before thanksgiving but she came to us as twice rescued and at least 5 years old then. She lived to be over 20 plus

The one pictured here we’ve had about a month. He lost his mother at 3 weeks of age and had to be hand fed around the clock, even then the mortality rate is high among them. He made it has no worries now. 😀

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The two above magazines give VW content here. The Hemmings does this German car issue now seems to be every year. Then there’s VW trends.
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Betty White Challenge donate $5.00 Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
The last three cats we’ve had all came as unwanted, homeless, rescued, etc, If you have a choice look for the animals that are hand raised, they are more bonded to humans. During holidays the city was offering pets fully vaccinated, spayed, neutered and microchipped for 10 bucks, what a deal.

We give directly to the foster mothers that work with the shelter that is trying very hard to remain no kill. The foster mom we know has rescued over a thousand animals in the last 5 years, not a misprint. We had to euthanize our cat of 18 years before thanksgiving but she came to us as twice rescued and at least 5 years old then. She lived to be over 20 plus

The one pictured here we’ve had about a month. He lost his mother at 3 weeks of age and had to be hand fed around the clock, even then the mortality rate is high among them. He made it has no worries now. 😀

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The two above magazines give VW content here. The Hemmings does this German car issue now seems to be every year. Then there’s VW trends.

You little grey kitty reminds me of our Licorice. She showed up as a stray in a 7th grader's backpack. Wonderful kitty but a coyote got her. Give yours a hug for us.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67rustavenger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Betty White Challenge donate $5.00 Reply with quote

Maybe I should get a mature cat as a companion.

My sis and bil rescued a couple feral sibling kittens 8 years ago. They were so tiny, you could fit each one in the palm of your hand. Those kitty's went camping in the first weekend of ownership.

The male (rascal) grew into a spectacular handsome lion. But pet him more than once, and you pay the price of being kind to him.

The female (princess) should be a comfort feline. She's an angel.
My sis cares for developly disabled folks. Princess has been held for hours and hours in the hands of one of the patients. Never squirmed out of his hands. Or even thought about hiding from him. She is that docile.

Maybe I need a cat companion!
It would be cruel to have a dog. I work too many hours a week to provide a good home to a dog. But I do love dogs.

I'll make a donation to a local animal shelter.

There's never enough time to do it right the first time. But there's always enough time to do it thrice.
GFY's Xevin and VW_Jimbo!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: