Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Saw this watching some Dirty Harry a few months back....
Forum Index -> 411/412 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:57 pm    Post subject: Saw this watching some Dirty Harry a few months back.... Reply with quote

Very Happy ...just had to post it! looks like a 1973....

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pepperbilly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Saw this watching some Dirty Harry a few months back.... Reply with quote

Wow! Really good eye. Remember the tv program Columbo with Peter Falk? I don’t recall which episode it was but in a couple of the scenes there is a blue 412 wagon parked on the street. If I ever find it I’ll try to post.

Bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Saw this watching some Dirty Harry a few months back.... Reply with quote

Pepperbilly wrote:
Wow! Really good eye. Remember the tv program Columbo with Peter Falk? I don’t recall which episode it was but in a couple of the scenes there is a blue 412 wagon parked on the street. If I ever find it I’ll try to post.

Bill

Hate to say this...but I have all of the Dirty Harry movies...and they are an absolute treasure trove of background VW's. Its just crazy. Yes...it was usually California and a sign of the times...but geeeeez.....its almost like they wanted more VW's than not...in the background!

I have owned this movie for years...seen it many times....and just caught it a month or so ago. Laughing

Ray
oasis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Saw this watching some Dirty Harry a few months back.... Reply with quote

Cool! Unfortunately, I never got to own a 412 (or a 411 for that matter). More unfortunately, the car next to it -- the Maverick (aka Maver-wreck) -- was something I owned way back when. Oh, well. It made me appreciate VWs all the more even though there was a Fiat in between The Grabber and the GLI. The closest I got to a Type 4 was 914 engine (2056cc) in my '71. I still browse the forum and live vicariously reading it.
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Saw this watching some Dirty Harry a few months back.... Reply with quote

Excellent spotting, Ray! When I do find a rare Type 4 sighting in either a TV show or movies, I'll try to get a screen shot of it and load it to my gallery. Then post it in the "VWs in Films/TV/etc." General/Chat thread because the Type 4 does not have a dedicated thread in its Forum section for this. Sometimes only a small portion of the car is visible, just like in yours here.
Chris Walden
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Saw this watching some Dirty Harry a few months back.... Reply with quote

Looks like the larger aluminum bumper of the ‘74 to me. Some other interesting cars in that shot including the second gen. Capri poking its nose in on the extreme right; the Toyota Corona; the purple bug on the left hiding behind a....hmm....looks brit?
kirk knighton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Saw this watching some Dirty Harry a few months back.... Reply with quote

Great eye Ray!
Now - you know the movie Sleepless in Seattle?
There's a 411 in that - rent the movie ( or whatever these days...) and tell me if you spot it!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> 411/412 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: