Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1965 356C Dolphin Gray w/Gray Leatherette Interior
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject: 1965 356C Dolphin Gray w/Gray Leatherette Interior Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm crossing over from 60s VW's to Porsche's and picked up a 356C. Currently my seats and door panels are black and the carpet is grey w/black trim. My COA says Dolphin Gray paint with Grey Leatherette interior. Does anyone have any information/pictures on this interior? If it's incorrect I'd like to make it factory if its been changed. Furthermore, If anyone has any good parts/what is period correct sources please let me know.

Thank you,
Mr. Christer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: 1965 356C Dolphin Gray w/Gray Leatherette Interior Reply with quote

Link
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 356C Dolphin Gray w/Gray Leatherette Interior Reply with quote

I would leave it alone, you strip the paint you will see every wreck it has ever been in and trying to match 50+ year old German vinyl Gray will be a challenge. Looks great now so enjoy it. I worked in a restoration shop and a lady brought in a 57 T-Bird that looked perfect and after stripping the paint she swore up and down that we switched cars on her because it looked like a junk heap, she also wanted the original paint.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 356C Dolphin Gray w/Gray Leatherette Interior Reply with quote

Starbucket wrote:
I would leave it alone, you strip the paint you will see every wreck it has ever been in and trying to match 50+ year old German vinyl Gray will be a challenge. Looks great now so enjoy it. I worked in a restoration shop and a lady brought in a 57 T-Bird that looked perfect and after stripping the paint she swore up and down that we switched cars on her because it looked like a junk heap, she also wanted the original paint.

I plan on leaving the whitish dolphin grey paint for now and enjoying this 356. I fully restored a split window bus years ago. It was so nice I always worried about taking it out. I'd rather have an old original driver cars now. I've been looking for some original 356 reference material and can't seem to find any. I'd like to do up the engine with the correct colors and decals in the right positions too.
Starbucket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 356C Dolphin Gray w/Gray Leatherette Interior Reply with quote

autohauseaz.com may have some parts but they are getting rare now days.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 356C Dolphin Gray w/Gray Leatherette Interior Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

some new shoes for my 356
Danwvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 1965 356C Dolphin Gray w/Gray Leatherette Interior Reply with quote

It's got the vent windows! Sweet!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: