Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

I am selling everything I own
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wellington
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: I am selling everything I own Reply with quote

nah it may be a Montreal thing

nah, I hope not.
si2t3m
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: I am selling everything I own Reply with quote

Wellington wrote:
nah it may be a Montreal thing

nah, I hope not.

I'm confirming, IT'S NOT! Very Happy
76 Westfalia EZ30D
72 911 Targa
70 914-6 conversion
69 Ghia convertible
68 912 coupe
67 912/911 coupe
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oasis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: I am selling everything I own Reply with quote

Montréal may have lost the Expos, but they seem to have gained an expose.

People who give and expect something in return aren't givers.

Compassion. Hate. I have a finite amount of each and won't waste either on someone so pathetic.
hdenter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: I am selling everything I own Reply with quote

Why hasn't this thread been locked two pages ago? It contributes nothing to this forum. All you are doing is providing a place for someone who clearly has issues to wound himself more and for others to beat him up for it. Whatever his current issues may be, Ben has been an invaluable resource to members here. Let's have and show a little dignity and shut this down.
9.5isCanadian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: I am selling everything I own Reply with quote

kamzcab86 wrote:

Go here and do some thorough perusing: http://cabby-info.com/

HA thanks for the great site tip Exclamation

My wife saw a character on Siblings driving a Cabriolet and really wants me to find one for her.

I've book marked it for future (after I get Jasper back on the road) research.

as for the rest of this thread......... meh shit happens to us all.
Lock it down before it becomes a dog pile.

Good times ahead.

1987 Getaway Hightop
1980 Sunroof Vanagon
2018 BMW R Nine T
2012 Golf tdi
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sodo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: I am selling everything I own Reply with quote

I think what we see here is the demon, not Benoit.
When he was in giving mode he gave freely, as a good person.
I do not believe this is the Benoit that we 'knew' over the past years.

I hope Ben is able to shed whatever demon is on his back as it's clearly running the show.
And if he's able to shake this thing off I would welcome him back (depending on some details etc).
It's painful watching him dig a deeper hole, which shows it's getting worse, not improving.
I don't think hes able to make any improvements while there's a demon on his back.
But that's the nature of the demon, and we all know it.
(I'm supposing this is NOT Benoit's actual nature).

Very very few of us have lost anything here but trust, confidence, admiration, and as such...
still possess the gains from what he has freely GIVEN to the Vanagon world.

Definitely feel sorry for those who had to work with him as things went downhill.

Being one of those who hasn't lost anything (only gained) I can wait with hope that he shakes this thing off, and gets back to normal.

'90 Westy EJ25, 2Peloquins, 3knobs, pressure-oiled GT mainshaft, filtered, cooled gearbox
'87 Tintop w 47k 53k, '12 SmallCar EJ25, cooled filtered gearbox
....KTMs, GasGas, SPOT mtb

Last edited by Sodo on Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:15 am; edited 2 times in total
chrismsnt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: I am selling everything I own Reply with quote

hdenter wrote:
... Ben has been an invaluable resource to members here. Let's have and show a little dignity and shut this down.

That was part of my point in a long-winded way from my previous post. I don't know the guy, so I don't know him to be an "invaluable resource". I just know him from a post telling the community to "F all of you". Well, I'm part of "all of you" so I've been told to F off. I just don't see him as a "class act" or "invaluable resource". Just my $0.02.
https://vwvandiesel.com
Instagram @VW_VanDiesel
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DuncanS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: I am selling everything I own Reply with quote

hdenter wrote:
Why hasn't this thread been locked two pages ago? Whatever his current issues may be, Ben has been an invaluable resource to members here. Let's have and show a little dignity and shut this down.

Dave????
Sodo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: I am selling everything I own Reply with quote

chrismsnt wrote:
I just know him from a post telling the community to "F all of you". Well, I'm part of "all of you" so I've been told to F off. I just don't see him as a "class act" or "invaluable resource". Just my $0.02.

There are others, who I think would say "F all of you" and mean it.
The real thing.
I just don't believe this is the real Ben.
Maybe "real for now" but not all-time real.

I support shutting it down, it's gone toxic.

'90 Westy EJ25, 2Peloquins, 3knobs, pressure-oiled GT mainshaft, filtered, cooled gearbox
'87 Tintop w 47k 53k, '12 SmallCar EJ25, cooled filtered gearbox
....KTMs, GasGas, SPOT mtb
Timwhy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: I am selling everything I own Reply with quote

DuncanS wrote:
hdenter wrote:
Why hasn't this thread been locked two pages ago? Whatever his current issues may be, Ben has been an invaluable resource to members here. Let's have and show a little dignity and shut this down.

Dave????

I think we are waiting for Terry K to chime in.
'91 Tin Top
'90 Cabby
What the Westy wants the Westy GETS

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_author=Timwhy&show_results=summary

http://www.youtube.com/user/TIMWHY2?feature=mhee
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: I am selling everything I own Reply with quote

and here I was waiting for Insyncro to chime in..

and sorry to dump on the Montreal amongst us.. being harsh or negative wasn't my intention.
but I'm fairly sure if you are from (or around) there, you know of what I speak Wink

some places the clocks are wound a bit tighter (for some) than the rest.. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cmayna
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: I am selling everything I own Reply with quote

hdenter wrote:
Why hasn't this thread been locked two pages ago? It contributes nothing to this forum. All you are doing is providing a place for someone who clearly has issues to wound himself more and for others to beat him up for it. Whatever his current issues may be, Ben has been an invaluable resource to members here. Let's have and show a little dignity and shut this down.

Agreed

Craig
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: I am selling everything I own Reply with quote

Eff you all.

A Cretan always means what he states.

All Cretans are liars.
syncrodoka
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: I am selling everything I own Reply with quote

The thread shouldn't be in this forum in the first place but here it is.
khughes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: I am selling everything I own Reply with quote

Zeitgeist 13 wrote:
Eff you all.

A Cretan always means what he states.

All Cretans are liars.

I had no idea he was Greek.
11BC2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: I am selling everything I own Reply with quote

khughes wrote:

I had no idea he was Greek.

Laughing
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: I am selling everything I own Reply with quote

I absolve thee, I absolve thee, all your mediocrity!

If there were Hero's, little g gods, or unicorns, would they all need to shit in the woods anyway? Hopefully the woods, and not in my yard.

Let it be.
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: I am selling everything I own Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: