Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Support to rear apron removable
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
susscrofa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:07 pm    Post subject: Support to rear apron removable Reply with quote

Hi, somebody can share with me a picture(s) of the support than some put (from one rear corner to another), when do you made the rear apron removable; is to take an idea to make one. Thank you.
bomberbob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: Support to rear apron removable Reply with quote

What support are you asking about? I have my rear apron removed right now, awaiting an engine pull when warmer weather arrives. I can post photos if that would help.
Marion, Iowa
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
susscrofa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Support to rear apron removable Reply with quote

Hi bomberbob, Yes, please send me pictures of your job.
Normally I see that many made the rear apron removable; in some magazine, I see that the owner of the car put a kind of pipe from one corner of the car to the other corner (where the rear apron was normally in place, to avoid close the corners of the "chassis".
Thank you for respond my issue.
bomberbob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Support to rear apron removable Reply with quote

I did nothing like that with mine. When I put my apron in and slide the plastic in, and then tightened the fender bolts and put everything together, I saw no need. It felt pretty solid. Some may think that when the apron is welded in, that it is stronger and is more rigid than a removable piece. They are probably correct. However mine felt pretty sturdy so I moved on to the next problem.
I can still post photos, but I did nothing to add reinforcement on mine.
Marion, Iowa
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
susscrofa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Support to rear apron removable Reply with quote

bomberbob, thank you very much.
RandyV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Support to rear apron removable Reply with quote

bomberbob,

Yes, if you could please post pics of your setup, that would be great!!

Thanks!
susscrofa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Support to rear apron removable Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

After a deep search I find this two images in Internet.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Support to rear apron removable Reply with quote

Your extra cross bar won’t prevent your apron from getting damaged.
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
susscrofa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Support to rear apron removable Reply with quote

Hi Mike, I only want a better stabilization of the rear "chassis" points. I know that do not give me a better protection in the zone.
Thank you for your comment.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: