Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Difference between 66-67 rear quarter sections?
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zorba2.0
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:54 pm    Post subject: Difference between 66-67 rear quarter sections? Reply with quote

Back story: PO replaced a section of my beetle from the drivers rear door jam to about a third under the window from almost the heater channel to the trim line. The problem is that he used about a 1/4" of filler/bondo to create the body line. It looked good, but the door never shut correctly.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Its hard to find a good replacement in the classifieds but I ended up finding this part from MAMO which looks like I can cut exactly what I need from it.
https://www.mamotorworks.com/vw/product/vw-1967-19...tal-378455
Will the door jam and heater channel to trim hole section fit my 1966?
Zorba2.0
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Difference between 66-67 rear quarter sections? Reply with quote

Yeash, google is your friend. Typed the part number and found this one listed for 60-66. Apparently there is a difference, but I dont know what it is.

The correct year part is cheaper anyway Smile

https://www.busdepot.com/111809081a
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Difference between 66-67 rear quarter sections? Reply with quote

Wait, did you just answer your own post? Smile

Yeah, that section usually comes up in the classifieds when you're not needing it. Razz

Hope it fixes any issues for you. Keep us posted!
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j.goodspeed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Difference between 66-67 rear quarter sections? Reply with quote

The main difference is the door striker plate on the “B” puller. 1967 was the first year of the plate that used 4 screws.

Secondly the area that the z-bar is secured is different for the 67 model year.

Hope this helps.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: