Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

EV Weekender cooler seat release lever help
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
matics
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:36 pm    Post subject: EV Weekender cooler seat release lever help Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I'm new to the EV community having recently bought a 2003 Weekender. Like many new purchasers, I've got a punch list of things that either need replacing or improving. There's so much combined knowledge here that I've been able to get through a large portion of that list.

Here's an item I can't find any info on. The seat cushion release lever for my rear-facing seat with the cooler underneath, the one that allows you to access the cooler from above, is missing. All I see is an angled metal cylinder with a spring loaded pin inside that I can actuate by pushing against the pin from under the seat (see attached photos). This takes a significant amount of effort and I'd like to see if I can either find or fabricate a replacement.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? I checked a few places and was unsuccessful finding a part number. Jim Ellis has a diagram of the parts with no corresponding part numbers (see attached).

I'm able to fabricate parts using a 3D printer and have done so successfully for a few missing pieces in my van. If I could get more information on what this lever looks like and it's dimensions, I could try to create something and give back tot he community. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

bikes!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: EV Weekender cooler seat release lever help Reply with quote

Part number for repair kit: 703898900 NLA from VW US (this is the spring and pin)
part number for lever: 703883253 U71 (gray)

Source for the p/n's: PartSouq

These might be parts found second hand only.
matics
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: EV Weekender cooler seat release lever help Reply with quote

bikes! wrote:
Part number for repair kit: 703898900 NLA from VW US (this is the spring and pin)
part number for lever: 703883253 U71 (gray)

Source for the p/n's: PartSouq

These might be parts found second hand only.

Thank you so much for the part number(s). I was not aware of the site you referenced. It's a great resource. I did some searches for the part and I can't seem to locate a US source. Looks like I can get it from Latvia though.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: