Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

LEDs for cabin “rocker” lights *SOLVED*
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camber314
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:23 pm    Post subject: LEDs for cabin “rocker” lights *SOLVED* Reply with quote

Hello!

I am trying to replace the existing bulbs with LEDs in the overhead lights in the cabin, 93 eurovan camper.

I figured out how to pull the overhead fixture with the two rocker lights in it down, pulled off the little cover panel, four small screws out, then unplug the wires. I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get the bulbs out, however. I’d hate to break this thing trying to access them, anyone know how to get to the bulbs?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by Camber314 on Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Camber314
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: LED switch for cabin “rocker” lights Reply with quote

Figured it Out by searching back in the forums and getting lucky: there are two little slots you can fit a small screwdriver into and pop the plastic off (carefully). The small bulb is underneath! (The bulb was very tight in the socket and difficult to get out).

steve2sloth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: LEDs for cabin “rocker” lights *SOLVED* Reply with quote

Please do us the favor of sharing a link to the LED that you replaced the bulb with. Maybe a link to where we can buy it too Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BatesEV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: LEDs for cabin “rocker” lights *SOLVED* Reply with quote

Just a note of personal experience as I’ve recently upgraded my bulbs. You will be buying a 194 wedge bulb style led. It may have contacts on both sides(4 total) so it can go in any direction. You will need to break off one set diagonally across from each other. Or in my case burn off from short. Haha.

I ordered my bulbs from here

https://m4products.com/(great service)

https://www.superbrightleds.com/
Camber314
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: LEDs for cabin “rocker” lights *SOLVED* Reply with quote

steve2sloth wrote:
Please do us the favor of sharing a link to the LED that you replaced the bulb with. Maybe a link to where we can buy it too Wink

Happy to - I used these:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G312DR2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also got some of these to replace the standard overhead light that is near the front of the camper top, that regular bulb gets pretty warm:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D82TDJP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Both worked fine.
MrPulldown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: LEDs for cabin “rocker” lights *SOLVED* Reply with quote

Thank you for this post. I just changed out my rear rocker lights to LED. A couple of weeks ago I was camping and did a 2 day side excursion away from the van. As I was packing things in the "closet" I accidently bumped one of the rocker lights and did not notice. 2 days later I return to a well drained cabin battery (showing only 11.8 volts). Though not completely dead I doubt I would have been able to run the furnace all night. Good thing it had warmed up. Anyways the rocker lights are easily left on. This was not the first time.

The first set of lights I removed. But the 2nd I was able to do it in place by just removing the screw/finishing cover. I used some mini wedge bulbs with many small square LEDS. THey are a tad longer than the stock bulb, but fit fine.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: