Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Mobelwagen, yay or nay?
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TechionDigit
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:01 am    Post subject: Mobelwagen, yay or nay? Reply with quote

Found a wheel company that specializes in retro styled Aircooled wheels. Like aluminum wide 5s or 4x130s both in domed hubcap & '68+ hubcap style. They've also got a few steelies and Crown Vic Police Interceptor knock offs as well as 914 wheels.

Anyone bought their products before?

https://mobelwagen.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PDX db
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: Mobelwagen, yay or nay? Reply with quote

Curious myself.... I did see "idiot.racing" on Instagram is running a set of the 4lug "356 style" wheels and they look great.
PDX db
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Mobelwagen, yay or nay? Reply with quote

I asked the Idiot Racing guy on how they did with last week's Baja race....said three guys were running them (his were the 4 lug/slotted 356 205 look)...said no one had issues with the wheels and no flat tires....and they push their Baja's to the limits....

I'm very tempted...but don't know if the offset will work on a stock split bus.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Mobelwagen, yay or nay? Reply with quote

The 4.5" 356 will fit but not the 5.5" they state in their ordering instructions.
356 are kind of deep dish for VW's.
2.0 liter are flatter faced and work well.
I have 5.5" 2.0 liter on my lowered squareback.
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SnowDaySyncro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Mobelwagen, yay or nay? Reply with quote

I'm curious about Mobelwagen's 901 Stahl wheel, which is 16x7, 5x112 in +30 offset for Vanagons.

I noticed that it has inward-facing bumps in the inner section, similar to Porsche 356C and early 911/912 steel wheels or the early 5x205 Type 3 wheels. I'm really curious as to whether the hubcaps from any of the aforementioned models (or '66-'67 Beetles) would fit these wheels. I emailed that question to Mobelwagen and will post their reply if/when I get it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Craigbro
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: Mobelwagen, yay or nay? Reply with quote

I'm looking at the 720P Das Jager (15x5.5) for my 1965 Ghia.
Also looking for feedback on quality of these wheels as well as fitment on a standard non-modified car if anyone has information.
Thanks
akokarski
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Mobelwagen, yay or nay? Reply with quote

aren't those wide 5s made by empi?
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Mobelwagen, yay or nay? Reply with quote

Craigbro wrote:
I'm looking at the 720P Das Jager (15x5.5) for my 1965 Ghia.
Also looking for feedback on quality of these wheels as well as fitment on a standard non-modified car if anyone has information.
Thanks

1 piece cast aluminum wheels don't have quality issues in my experience.
I don't think they will fit in the rear on a KG or my squareback.
I have 730P style 5.5x15 wheels with the flatter face, so everything fits standard height or lowered! Wink
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dean phillipsQ9HD5J
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Mobelwagen, yay or nay? Reply with quote

A pic of mine. Really like them.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: