Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Alabama Members - Check In
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lie2me
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Alabama Members - Check In Reply with quote

Appreciate the information.

Luckily, I didn't buy the bug for any other purpose than enjoying the car, spending time with the grandkids; they Love it, and would rather drive it than the 'Angry Truck' lol.

So far, I've learned a lot and teaching myself more, almost daily.

Cheers
Jeff
VWAdam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Alabama Members - Check In Reply with quote

Lie2me wrote:
Appreciate the information.

Luckily, I didn't buy the bug for any other purpose than enjoying the car, spending time with the grandkids; they Love it, and would rather drive it than the 'Angry Truck' lol.

So far, I've learned a lot and teaching myself more, almost daily.

Cheers
Jeff

They’d probably enjoy going to some events too. Drive on down to the Bham area in August for my show.

'59 Euro Beetle ragtop
'63 Standard Microbus

Come to my show! www.volksjam.com

Looking for badge/sticker/frame from Western Motors in Great Falls, Montana
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Alabama Members - Check In Reply with quote

Zundfolge1432 wrote:
With the exception of two or three members the rest checked out in 2014 or 2015 and have not been back. Alabama and southern Alabama has always been a VW wasteland, not much action no real shows.

I lived in Mobile during the 70s and early 80s. Being close to the salt water didn’t help much either with the rust. Here’s the man in Mobile now . Ev retired but the biz goes on.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
I sold my bug to a guy in mobile 4 years ago he said he has bout 11 of them, all done up very nice.he redid my old bug ( new paint), but pulle the motor to put in something else,I think he said a sand rail as it was tomuch for a bug on the streets for him. I then sold my 356 to him back in sept. He said thr bug motor may go in to that instead of the rail..hes redoing the 356 for a show car like the rest of his fleet. Ive never seen him on the samba. I sold both cars way too cheep, but I knew they were going to a great home. heck just the parts I threw in were almost worth what I sold it all for.
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Alabama Members - Check In Reply with quote

No town or state on that card? That’s how things are in Maryland. They call everything Baltimore or just assume you know what town a particular street is in. I’m from Jersey, at least tell me what exit!
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Alabama Members - Check In Reply with quote

NJ John wrote:
No town or state on that card? That’s how things are in Maryland. They call everything Baltimore or just assume you know what town a particular street is in. I’m from Jersey, at least tell me what exit!
I'm from jersey too can't you tell from my spelling.
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Alabama Members - Check In Reply with quote

What exit?
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Alabama Members - Check In Reply with quote

that one, just past the pub and the pink lady.
Lie2me
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Alabama Members - Check In Reply with quote

Quote:
They’d probably enjoy going to some events too. Drive on down to the Bham area in August for my show.

Sure, got some more info?

Took my Grandson down to Airkooled Kustoms in Hazelgreen on Friday...He loved it! Not to mention, he got a cool Spinner, hotwheels Vanagon, and some stickers.

Darren at Airkooled mentioned an event they hold at their shop October and a big event called 'Bug-Out' in Chattanooga. We also attend any car show we find around HSV/Madison.

Looking at joining the Northern Alabama ...VW group here soon.

VWAdam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Alabama Members - Check In Reply with quote

Lie2me wrote:
Quote:

Took my Grandson down to Airkooled Kustoms in Hazelgreen on Friday...He loved it! Not to mention, he got a cool Spinner, hotwheels Vanagon, and some stickers.

Darren at Airkooled mentioned an event they hold at their shop October and a big event called 'Bug-Out' in Chattanooga. We also attend any car show we find around HSV/Madison.

'59 Euro Beetle ragtop
'63 Standard Microbus

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWAdam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Alabama Members - Check In Reply with quote

Lie2me wrote:
Quote:

'59 Euro Beetle ragtop
'63 Standard Microbus

mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Alabama Members - Check In Reply with quote

I think I have been to that park...or atleast past it, possibly camped there. have a great time when it comes around.
Lie2me
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Alabama Members - Check In Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, Adam! We will be there for sure
codycat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Yesterday 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Alabama Members - Check In Reply with quote

Im in Mobile. Sometimes i think i'm the only VW person in the city.

Yes this is an old post -- thought i'd give it new life. I have a 67 Beetle sedan, a 1990 Cabriolet and a 1991 Cabriolet. I do believe there is at least one other Cabriolet in town and i have seen just a few air cooled Beetles now and then.

Still no VW clubs in town -- I have to go to MS or FL or way north AL to get to one. Last show/event i went to was in MS back when i had my 1980 Westy that i no longer have.

Anyway -- that's all i got to add -- sad no club in my city though.
Dr. Seuss
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: