Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The poor 64 - father/son project
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
buntist
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: The poor 64 - father/son project Reply with quote

Really quick work! Front and rear clip were real snappy work. makes me feel like i have been dragging my feet way too much!

Nice Project!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sjstretch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: The poor 64 - father/son project Reply with quote

[quote="racerock"]
Sjstretch wrote:
The 2332 has been through the test fitting stage, engine tin all modified to fit better, etc… Time to pull it back apart and put it together for real.

Did you use a new doghouse shroud? If so what brand it is and did it hold up?
If you went doghouse did you also change to the larger fan inside?
If you went doghouse did you do anything to allow more air into the engine compartment (no air ducts on engine lid)?

It is a Concept-1 dog house shroud for the type 4 cooler. Two extra rows of cooling. (I had two new type 4 coolers from a package buy). Not sure it will actually make a difference. The shroud does have internal fins.

Going to try and run it without an external cooler, but I will add one if temperatures say I need it.

It has a welded and balanced fan that is the correct width for the dog house shroud.

I have the deck lid off-set/open at the bottom. Air ducts in the engine lid might still happen.
Sjstretch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: The poor 64 - father/son project Reply with quote

buntist wrote:
Really quick work! Front and rear clip were real snappy work. makes me feel like i have been dragging my feet way too much!

Nice Project!

Thank you! It was a lot of work…
Sjstretch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: The poor 64 - father/son project Reply with quote

More setup/progress…working my way toward the break in stand. Need to order some parts, work on venting, fuel lines, lower engine tin sleds, etc…

Ignition will be a crane HI-6N setup when finished.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Sjstretch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: The poor 64 - father/son project Reply with quote

Little side project for running an engine outside of the car. Idea came from the vwjawbreaker YouTube channel

Sjstretch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: The poor 64 - father/son project Reply with quote

New “project” for the bug.

It was missing with “w” spring (made one), had broken spot welds (welded), was missing the shift knob (empi on there for now) and the main wire broke taken the shifter apart (made one).

It did come with the original bottom plate. Those are missing a lot of times..

Fun little project…

Sjstretch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: The poor 64 - father/son project Reply with quote

Got the trans back from an upgrade. Setup with 4.12 and 3.08/2.06/1.32/0.89. Welded, hardened keys, 4 gear super diff modified for better oiling, etc…

Trans back in the car…

Sjstretch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: The poor 64 - father/son project Reply with quote

Engine back in the car.

Working on a filter mount and oil lines. Fram filter was just in my parts bin…I will find something better to actually use.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: