Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

janderson78 - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: janderson78
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 14, 2024
Craig76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:42 pm    Post subject: janderson78 - [email protected] Reply with quote

Discrimination by seller: janderson78

After asking if images of the interior were available and a few additional questions the seller told me my price for the vehicle would be $4,000 over listed price "because of the amount of pictures you are going to want and questions you are going to ask. Time is money."

I was also told "...if you are that worried about an 11,000 car this is not the car for you"

This seller reflects very badly on The Samba. They are elitest, condescending and rude. Others need to know about the person and avoid doing business with them.

The last two emails exchanged from me to him are below. I know there's no law against being an ass but we certainly don't need to deal with online discrimination and price gouging.

Samba user name:
janderson78

Good evening Jason, checking back on this Karmann Ghia.

Can you confirm it's a drivable vehicle as suggested in the pics? Can you show pics of the interior?

Thanks,
Craig

Sorry for the delayed response. Again this car sat in a barn for 30 years. It is in amazing shape for an unrestored car. The pictures of it being driven are by me last spring to a car show. The car runs and drives perfect. I have 7 so it is hard to drive them all. That said that was the last time I had it out. But when I got it I added a new battery and carburetor, did a complete tune up and cleaned the lines and replaced the brake lines and installed new rear brakes. It have started it weekly so it fires right up. It is my understanding is the engine was put into it brand new rebuilt when they put it in the barn. Notice in the barn pics there is no trim or dor handles or anything. The put a new engine in it, had it resprayed and put it in the barn and never touched it again.

Again, if you are that worried about an 11,000 car this is not the car for you. The is seriously worth about 15k but I am trying to build a shop so I liisted it cheap. I have 3 people out of state at the moment trying to buy it but if you don't realize what this is worth you will never be happy with your purchase. So I would rather wait for a buyer who understand exactly what this is.

It is an unrestored, origional 1968 (early style) ghia with all the desired parts and not like the ugly 70s models with the nasty bumpers and huge turn signals.

I encourage you to look elsewhere to find a ghia unrestored in this good of shape who's nose or rear hasnt been crushed. I bet 90 percent you see online will not show the nose like I did and hide it with a spare tire.

That said if you want it your price will be 15k because of the amount of pictures you are going to want and questions you are going to ask. Time is money. I have the clean title in my name.

I am sorry but again. This is not the car for you.

Respectfully

Jason
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: