Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anyone know what this is
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZENiC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:03 pm    Post subject: Anyone know what this is Reply with quote

I have a 93. Got a new engine put in recently. I was checking something in the engine bay and saw this capped off hard line I don't remember. anyone know what it is?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
subdewd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this is Reply with quote

Test port for egr
Zeitgeist 13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this is Reply with quote

It's hard to tell but it appears that your vacuum line is disconnected from the port on the firewall between the two heater hoses.

'89 Bluestar ALH w/12mm Waldo pump, PP764 and GT2052
'01 Weekender --> full camper
y u rune klassik?
BatesEV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this is Reply with quote

It’s the port to test for the CO. When tuning the mixture this is where you sample the exhaust gas at. The 3 wire intake air sensor has a potentiometer in it that is adjustable to set the CO. From corrado folks they say a good ohm reading start point is about 500.

FYI 93 don’t have an egr. Only the 95 ACU did.
ZENiC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this is Reply with quote

So am I safe to say the new motor is from 95+ then?
BatesEV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this is Reply with quote

No cause the 95 didn’t have it, and that is in the cast iron exhaust manifold. The manifolds are different but interchangeable. I upgraded to the later model one myself.

If you want to know on the front of the block AAF(93 engine) or ACU(95 engine) will be stamped in the block.
subdewd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this is Reply with quote

My 95 has it. It's on the newer manifold. It broke off on mine so I welded the opening closed. It's an acu
ZENiC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone know what this is Reply with quote

BatesEV wrote:
No cause the 95 didn’t have it, and that is in the cast iron exhaust manifold. The manifolds are different but interchangeable. I upgraded to the later model one myself.

If you want to know on the front of the block AAF(93 engine) or ACU(95 engine) will be stamped in the block.

Unlikely, I'm gonna find the stamp. I don't really care when the engine is from, I'm not a huge fan of unbolted hard lines with caps on them.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: