Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

First project!
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punchbuggy66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:42 pm    Post subject: First project! Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on a VW beetle restoration. I plan to do body off, as it seems to need new pans and heater channels. And maybe a front clip. Is this car worth restoring? or should I get another one, and use it as a parts car?
Pruneman99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: First project! Reply with quote

Pictures would help if you want opinions.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: First project! Reply with quote

There's no such thing as a parts car Laughing Welcome aboard!
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: First project! Reply with quote

There's no such thing as a parts car Laughing Welcome aboard!
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
jimdubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: First project! Reply with quote

Without seeing the car or knowing anything about your skill set it's hard to say what you should do. However, I would recommend skimming through the various project and build threads that are here (see the stickies at the top of the page). See what others have gotten into, and how they've tackled it. See if that's something you want to, or have the ability to do.
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: First project! Reply with quote

If you don't already know how to, learn to mig weld. It'll come in very handy in your restoration. As mentioned before, try posting pics so we can see what you're working with. Search for "posting pictures" topic and it'll walk you through the process.
"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: First project! Reply with quote

sportin-wood wrote:
If you don't already know how to, learn to mig weld. It'll come in very handy in your restoration. As mentioned before, try posting pics so we can see what you're working with. Search for "posting pictures" topic and it'll walk you through the process.

Solid advices!

If your parts car looks like my POS... Find a straight body. or car. Rust is easy to fix. dents are not.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: