Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

6" Fuchs on front
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetskibob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the offset of a 6" fuch is the same as a REAL 6" Porsche 2.0 L wheel?

If the offset is the same, I have dropped spindles and Ghia disk brakes on my 63, the beam is NOT narrowed, and no rubbing issues at all with my 135's.
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskibob wrote:
Does anyone know if the offset of a 6" fuch is the same as a REAL 6" Porsche 2.0 L wheel?

Not only is the offset different, your 2 liter 914 wheels are 5½" wide, not 6.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
luckystiff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15x6 Fuchs ET36 backspacing 112mm
15x5.5 OG 2 litres ET42 backspacing of 112mm

so in that theory the Fuchs is pushed 1/2in more to the outside(fender) of the car than the 2 litre because of the width and then a little less than another 1/4in offset in the same direction due to the offset difference between the 2 wheels. total of roughly 3/4in more toward the outer fender of the car all together. so basiclly if your current set up has an inch or more of clearance throughout the turning radius you'll be fine. or a 2 in narrowed beam would put you back close to where you started...ken....
scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

60ragtp wrote:
ScottVw I really like the look of your car, this is what I am after! With the 2" beam did you loose the shocks or have to make mods to fit them. I thought with our early cars the fenders have more room than 67 etc?

I used a 2" CB Performance beam with shock towers. You can go as far as a 4" beam with shock towers if you choose.
60ragtp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: mounted those fuchs Reply with quote

Well, I have not done anything to the front end since i am still trying to figure exactly what I need to do but here it is with them mounted using adapters. The tires are original 911 tires that will be replaced with narrower and lower profile to acheive the look I want. The fronts look like it may work with stock beam. Drop spindles and disc brake kit pushes out about 1 inch and these adpaters are almost 1.25" What do you guys think so far?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
RA 70
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered my front rotors and rear drums studded.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=197765

Details in this thread http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2...p;start=80

I do need to run a tad smaller tires, like 205 in the rear, and 185 in the front but same height tires to lose some rubbage issues when I have the family loaded in the car.

My advise is lose the adapters and buy some studed or drilled drums for the rear.
60ragtp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I def plan on getting rid of the adapters just had them in storage so we put them on to see the look and to figure out how things are going to work with discs and drop spindles. I prefer to keep stock beam in. Do you know if those porsche pattern discs and drop spindles push things out like most of them do and if so how much. Every kit says something different. I also will most likely need spacers in the back to run these 16x7" wheels with the adapters the dont have much clearance
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've been "measuring" since August 25th and still haven't got a Plan/Supplier! Twisted Evil
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RA 70
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

60ragtp wrote:
I def plan on getting rid of the adapters just had them in storage so we put them on to see the look and to figure out how things are going to work with discs and drop spindles. I prefer to keep stock beam in. Do you know if those porsche pattern discs and drop spindles push things out like most of them do and if so how much. Every kit says something different. I also will most likely need spacers in the back to run these 16x7" wheels with the adapters the dont have much clearance

Yes both the discs and the dropped spindles will push it out, you will need at least a 2 inch narrowed beam to run the 6 inch wide rims on the front, and probably ideal would be a 3 inch. If the beam is adjustable you dont need the dropped spindles, but they will help for a smoother ride if you plan to go real low.

As for spacers on the rear you might need them, i have an IRS rear so the 16x7 fit is pretty nice on the rear. I do remember reading on here about on the swing axle changing it out to a long axle and then you shouldn't need spacers to make the 16x7 fit (Maybe one of the guys that has done this can chime in). but if your gonna run spacers make sure you plan for that if you go with studded drums (get longer studs).
Hotrodheb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my setup. 16x6 with 205/40's up front and 16x7 with 205/55 in the rear. Front beam is a Franklin's 5-1/2" narrowed with shock towers. It has disc brakes and dropped spindles.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bcterry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottvw wrote:
Here's a picture of my car from a few years ago with 6" Fuchs, 2" narrowed beam with CB Peformance disc brakes on it....also 145's.

Hope this helps.

This is a sweet look. Just to be clear these are 15" Fuchs?
scottvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bcterry wrote:
scottvw wrote:
Here's a picture of my car from a few years ago with 6" Fuchs, 2" narrowed beam with CB Peformance disc brakes on it....also 145's.

Hope this helps.

This is a sweet look. Just to be clear these are 15" Fuchs?

They are 15" original flat 6 fuchs.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: