Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Late bay rear wheel arch rust repair
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
adam beefcake bruno
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:19 pm    Post subject: Late bay rear wheel arch rust repair Reply with quote

As bay windows (Westy's especially) climb in price I'm getting more and more requests from customers for full restos and rust repair. The only company that I've seen even remotely decent repair/replacement panels is Autocraft, but unlike the split bus panels, not all late bay panels are being reproduced. My huge question is....what are people doing for the inner rear wheel arches? The outer panels are available, albeit not correct gauge and pretty piss poor fit, but the inner panel/structures are not available anywhere. And so many buses are rusty here because of the inherent design flaw of how the two panels come together. I know there's been 100's of bays restored professionally around the world and just trying to get some feedback on how other people/shops have gone about repairing the rust in the rear wheel arch area
sebgi1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Late bay rear wheel arch rust repair Reply with quote

They were available don’t know now

https://www.justkampers.com/221-801-561-j-rear-wheelarch-tub-nearside-left-vw-t2-bay-1971-1979.html

Fabing up something is probably the best option

Dogs are the most precious and valuable possession of mankind. VWs are second!

'73 Neptune blue safare camper
'71 Neptune blue tintop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: